Not enough storage spaceSupport

1. SoAwesome

SoAwesome Member

So I don't have enough storage space on my phone. I know 384mb is not a lot but I couldn't even download 2MB APP! Phone is not rooted btw. I want to know how to fix this problem. My phone is SGH-1747M

Advertisement
    :
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Try clearing out any useless crap mate. In Settings, Storage, in "miscellaneous", is there a lot of un-needed stuff taking up space?
  3. SoAwesome

SoAwesome Member

I don't think that's the problem. Everything in there are less than 1 mb and the ones that are actually more than 1 mb are apps that I need. So probably no problems in that section.
    funkylogik likes this.
  4. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Android ICS & JB have an operational floor of anywhere from 500mb to 1GB (depending on apps to some degree). Once below 500mb, it cab be problematic to update.
  5. SoAwesome

SoAwesome Member

So once I am below 500 mb, I'm pretty much screwed? That kind of sucks
  6. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Well-Known Member

Where are your pictures and videos stored? If they are stored on the phone try moving them to an SD card instead.

If all that storage space is being taken up with apps then you should consider removing some as that is the only way you are going to free up your storage.
  7. SoAwesome

SoAwesome Member

They're all stored on my phone. I wished I had money to buy a SD card or this would of been never been a problem...:(

Yep, it looks like I have to look for more things to uninstall which sucks but I guess that's my last solution.
  8. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Well-Known Member

You could try moving them off the phone altogether and store them securely on a PC. That's what I do just in case the phone goes belly up and it means I wouldn't lose my pictures and videos. You might want to have a look at how much space is being used by any music tracks you may have on your phone too.
  9. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

open settings and app/all/play store/ clear cache. now download your app
    javamann likes this.
  10. SoAwesome

SoAwesome Member

The cache on Play Store is 0.0mb so that can't even be done..
  11. funkylogik

Is there a folder on internal sd called "lazylist" or somethin like that? I know that can be deleted
  12. Ramer84015

Ramer84015 Well-Known Member

I noticed that on mine recently, also a folder just called Lazy. Any idea what they are? Or where they came from?
  13. funkylogik

No idea man. Ive deleted it and its doesnt seem to affect anythin. It slowly repopulates though :thumbup:
  14. SoAwesome

SoAwesome Member

Where can I find this lazylist folder at, and you think it'll work?
  15. funkylogik

Tbh i cant find a lazylist folder now man sorry :confused: maybe because im on 4.2.2? Or because it isnt a samsung rom?
  16. SoAwesome

SoAwesome Member

No clue man.

Another question. You know how to upload photos and videos to the PC via USB? Can't seem to find Photos or Videos folder when I connect my SG3 to my Laptop.
  17. funkylogik

I duno mate sorry, im terrible with computers lol i sweat when i use one! :D
    When ive transferred things to and from the wifes laptop, ive used my memory card and a usb card read/writer to just drag'n'drop :beer:
  18. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

to upload photos you can connect your phone to your computer open your files you will see sph-l710 double tap it. now double tap phone or card, open photos and copy
    funkylogik likes this.