Not finding any answers :(

Last Updated:

1. ironn man

ironn man New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello there, first time poster, long time user. I just want to start off saying that this forum has helped me with everyyy single issue with my droid so I feel like I'm in good hands. I'm not a newb to the hacking scene, nor am I of any form "special", but there are a few issues I'm having with my newly rooted droid. I litteraly looked at all 4 corners of google but found nothing. Now to the issies, lol.

First off, I'm running the new ultimate droid rom (LOVE!), from 2.1. I rooted because they forgot to push 2.2 to my device apparently. The big issue, no gmail syncing, it just won't connect to the server. I have a feeling this is because i loaded this rom on. Because no gmail sync, no market or contacts :( I have tried everything, reboot, reflash, reload, re-whipe, anything re, I've done. Nothing

Second off, I miss my widgets. I have the apps installed but they won't show up on the add widget pop up. And don't get me started on random force closes.

Like I said, I'm not stupid, I've tried everything.(Hence the page long cry for help lol) I. Can read directions and am often called a profectionist when "hacking" electronics. Any help what soever would be fudgin awesome.

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

I hate to ask but have you tried reloading google apps? I think I read somewhere there was a hack for the market on this rom but I could be mistaken.

Seems like since froyo roms launched I have seen a lot of people with market issues. Wonder why that is?

3. ironn man

I seen something about a google app zip pack but they are saying you need to unzip from the computer. I'm not around a computer right now. Any idea on where to find the app pack already ready to go? Ota in otherwords, that's why I got this phone to eliminate my computer and have this baby do it all lol

4. istolvampire

I know that rom manager has one listed under cyanogen and it should be the same but I am not responsible if it turn out not to be.

5. ironn man

I see what your talking about but it says corrupt zip :/ ill just research more on this. And I have been getting real bad lag, like its doing it now. It won't keep up with me lol. I used setcpu and its still slower than the stock os. I love this rom but I feel I might have to just go back and stick it out with 2.1. I couldn't even force the 2.2 update.. hey I came from a blackberry storm and I'm starting to be real dissapointed with my droid experience, I suck lol

6. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

I'd redownload the entire rom. Sometimes you can just get a bad download, and this happens. You'll find it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/blackdroidmod/files/
    I know you said that you wiped, but just to make sure, you did wipe both the factory data AND dalvik cache, correct? I'd also suggest finding a custom kernel to flash via Recovery to help with the smoothness and ability to overclock. There are a few different ones out there, and there really aren't any BAD ones, just every phone is different, so some work better for you than others might. You do not have to wipe anything when flashing kernels. As far as the gapps (Google app package), Ultimate Droid already has this included (though some roms do not due to certain legal reasons). Try that, and see if it helps. I'll be in and out to see if you might need some more help, or you can contact me with your Talk app using my screen name @ Gmail... Hope this helps. :)

PS. Whoever told you that you need to unzip the Gapps on your computer first probably shouldn't be your first choice in whom to ask for help, as that is just counter productive. It is a flashable zip for those roms that do not have them already included.

7. istolvampire

Not every rom works great with every phone. I have real bad issues with cyanogen roms and others run this same rom with praise. So just try a few till you find a good rom/kernel combo.

8. jearl75

jearl75 Well-Known Member

as a word of caution, I'm not saying this will happen with every user, but UD8 flashed fine for me on initial boot. If I rebooted it was fine, however if I flashed a different kernel, restored my data or anything other than leaving the rom just as It came I got a bootloop. Only thing that would alleviate it was a wipe, but then it was back to square one. Again, not saying it will happen to everyone but there were a lot of people with this problem. Hope this helps the OP