Not getting calendar reminders

Last Updated:

1. asimeow

asimeow Member This Topic's Starter

I sync my HTC Hero with Outlook, but I can't get any reminders for any appointments. All events in Outlook have a 15 minute reminder and this also seems to be the case when viewing event details on the Hero, but alas! no reminders :(

My settings:

Calendar->Menu->Settings->Reminders->Reminder display : Show as alert (also tried "Show in notification bar")
    Calendar->Menu->Settings->Reminders->All Calendars : checked

If I uncheck "All calendars" and chose Outlook in the "Apply settings to" it doesn't save my choice. The next time I go to the settings it has reverted back to "My Calendar".

Has anyone made this work?

Advertisement
  2. Sanur

Sanur Member

I have the same problem. The calendar reminder do not work!

The events are listed in the calendar, but I do not get any reminders.

Reminders are enabled and I have selected "Show as alert" in the Reminder Display options.

What's wrong? Broken app?

3. jmt17

jmt17 New Member

When you are on the event on your phone, click menu and edit, menu again and add reminder. Must be done on your phone, there is no option on the web gcal for this. It should default to the time interval you set in the calendar options. Kinda sucks if you add most events on your web gcal.

4. Sanur

Sanur Member

Just wanted to add that I solved the no calender reminder problem, by calling HTC support! :)

They told me to reset the phone to factory settings, and then it worked again.