• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not Getting E-Mail Notification...?

Can anyone tell me how to fix it so that the number of new e-mails will show up on my shortcut on my home screen? I had to tinker with the settings so my battery doesn't drain so quickly at work, but now I can't see when I have new e-mails! I can get them, but I have to go into 'MAIL' & wait for them to load. Any advice or tips would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

~Ashey

Sounds like you turned off background data, set your battery profile to shut off data, or turned off polling in your email app.

To fix, turn on background data and set your battery profile to performance mode (if your phone has battery profiles).

As far as the email app, I had to stop using the stock app because of some pretty serious bugs. I recommend K9, which is free from the market. It is pretty much bug-free and it has more features than the stock email client.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones