Not getting email in a timely manorSupport

Last Updated:

1. trayack

trayack Active Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't been getting my aol account email in a timely manor. I have the settings set to check every 10 min for email but still not getting it. If I manually go into the email it searches for it and then retreives it but it won't do it automatically.....does anyone have any ideas? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. ReedH

ReedH New Member

I am also having that same problem but with an sbcglobal.net account set up with pop and smtp servers.

3. bdforte69

bdforte69 Well-Known Member

Maybe you are not getting a good 3G signal? I've noticed that occasionally if I am inside a big building that has a steel substructure or brick even, that the 3G signal becomes spotty. You could test it by sending yourself e-mails from a computer when you see that you have a solid connection and see how long it takes for them to arrive.

EDIT: Allow me to clarify, if the 3G signal temporarily goes to shit it may prevent an app that is set to update automatically from doing so. Then it doesn't do the automatic update, automatically, once you return to a good signal.

4. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

i have 6 AOHell accounts in mine all working/pushing fine.

5. trayack

trayack Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hmmm....well seeing I have yet to see full signal, maybe thats it. I'm usually at one or two bars.

6. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Very well could be. As I remember it also took about 12 hours after activation before the aol accounts started pushing on its own

7. Blaznlow

Blaznlow Active Member

i had the same issue with my gmail. what i did to correct the problem was add the power control widget and make sure the sync icon in active then i removed the widget and have gotten every email since. hope this helps!

8. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

- don't use a task killer. don't kill tasks
    - the stock Email app on Android is buggy. Use K9 or any alternative.
    - make sure "background data" setting is checked