Not getting Facebook notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. mattp

mattp Active Member This Topic's Starter

I checked all the other Facebook threads I could find and I didn't see a direct address of my problem...

I'm not getting my facebook message notifications from my FB inbox to come over to my notification panel on my Droid. They only show up when i actually go into the facebook app. I have it set to refresh every 30mins. Not sure what else to change. All my settings in the FB app look right. Someone sent me a message at 820 thismorning that I didn't know I had until I just happened to use the FB app. I thought it should automatically show up in my panel.

by the way, all other notifications seem to work fine (texts, gmail etc). Not sure why FB doesn't. Can anybody offer any insight? Thanks! Great forum here!:D

Advertisement
  2. jrappy87

jrappy87 Well-Known Member

I don't get any fb notifications either. :-(

3. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Count me in as well.. sometimes I would get a msg or two from FB but that's out of some 20-30 that goes sailing by. Hey I have seen on this forum and others that the FB that shipped with the Droid is horrid. I haven't used it as much because I keep forgetting I'm not getting notifications. Curiously I see in the Market there are other FB apps. I'm not sure what the differences is but I saw on another forum that the Market FB apps works a 100x better than the shipped version. Don't hold me to water on that since I haven't tried it myself.

4. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Here's a funny story to add to this. I was searching other forums for FB/Droid related issues and came across a thread that discussed how a guy was able to extract the Droid version of FB so Hero, G1 users can install it. I mean they raved about how much nicer the Droid FB looked, had specific details of how to install on rooted androids - seven pages of excitement. (For them, I mean come on we're talking DROID FB for them) Not until you get around the last couple of pages you start seeing posts: "I'm not getting any FB notications!"

Thought I'd share....

5. ashwinmudigonda

ashwinmudigonda Member

Yup! Same here! Tmo G2

6. scullywan

scullywan Member

same here, Tmobile G2, and i hate the fact that each time when you want to read something it automatically goes into web browser. Can anyone design an android facebook app that is as easy to use as blackberry or even iphone?~~~