Not getting Market update reminders for 'some' apps, have to go find them?

Last Updated:

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So it seems recently that there are updates for apps I have and I am not getting the alerts to update them via the Market. Others I get the update alert.

For example...

1. gMail
    2. Visual VM
    3. Launcher Pro

all have updates, none alerted me, when I searched for them, I found them and was able to update them to the newer version.

Heck, I have LauncherPro and it does not even show it installed, but there is an update available. It just shows "install" in the Market.. but it IS installed??

Any ideas here?

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

you know.. I am also not seeing certain apps in the Market list that are on my phone

for example

1. Sundroid
    2. lightning bug
    3. flash player
    4. google sky map
    5. google goggles
    6. Superuser Permissions

BUT if you go to the Market and search these items, they show "install" but in fact ARE on my phone??

3. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member

I saw this too with LauncherPro... but didnt download it since i alaredy have it installed and im happy with what i got setup..

Not sure why some apps show as if they arent installed in the phone tho

4. Lock-N-Load

not so much that I wanted the new LP, or any other of these apps, it is the implication that..

1. apps on my phone are not showing in my Market list and are thus, not altering me that updates are available
    2. I have to go manually search app names to find out there are updates
    3. other apps clearly show and update me

5. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member

I feel you. I think it's b/c that with the apps that arent seen as installed, came stock with the rom you are running. And all the apps that were backed up through tibu or w/e way you backed them up, show up as installed.. thats my guess

6. Lock-N-Load

I think it might have something to do with moving them to the SD card and/or back to the phone. Not sure just yet..

But in TitBU when you long press LauncherPro, just for example, it shows an option to "Attach to Market (forced)" which clearly shows that it is not attached to the market - as other apps have this option grayed out. But I wonder why??

7. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I have noticed this phenomenon if I have "automatic updates" checked. I had LP and some other apps that were set to auto-update. If they had auto-updated before I could manually do them, I would no longer see them on the list. This worried me because I wasn't sure if I'd ever see them again. So, I just turned auto-update off for these apps and haven't had a problem since.... knock on wood! Who knows why this happens. These are obviously bugs or unintended behaviors that had some intentional reason unbeknown to us.

8. Lock-N-Load

I have always had "automatic updates" unchecked - for all apps - as I do not want apps to update themselves as some newer updates - like Google Maps - suck. I want alerts, but I want to manually decide which apps update.

so I am sure that is not the issue here.