• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not getting notifications for Gmail

Jedis

Jan 21, 2010
I installed Gmail Notifier, but now I am not getting any notifications at all when I get mail.

Does anyone else use Gmail Notifier that could perhaps comment? Is it the program or do I have a setting wrong somewhere. Is any other app known to conflict with the notifications?

Thanks for any advice!

Here's a list of all of the apps on my phone, including the pre-installed apps. I'm using MoDaCo v2.0. Could any of these be interferring with Gmail Notifier?
Code:
AdFree
Advanced Task Killer Free
Albums
Amazon
Amazon MP3
Astro
Autostarts
Barcode Scanner
Bejeweled
Better Terminal Emulator
Browser
BucketUpload
Calculator
Calendar
Camcorder
Camera
Clock
Compass
Device Self Service
Digital Clock Widget
Documents To Go
Doom
Facebook
Flashlight
Footprints
Gmail
Google Maps
Google Talk
gTasks
Heat
IM
Java
Jewels
Lock 2.0
Mabilo Ringtones
Mail
Market
Meebo IM
NASCAR Sprint
NFL Mobile Live
Notes
OI File Manager (needed for Lock 2.0 custom themes)
PDF Viewer
Peep
People
Phone
Places Directory
Quickoffice
Ringdroid
Root Booter
Scan2PDF Mobile
Settings
Shazam
ShootMe
Spare Parts
Sprint Navigation
SprintTV
Stocks
Sudoku Free
Superuser Permission
TA Utility
Teeter
The Weather Channel
Timerific
Tip Calc
Titanium Backup
Voice Dialer
Voice Recorder
Voice Search
Voicemail
WaveSecure Beta
Weather
WebSharing
Wireless Tether for Root Users
Yellowbook
YouTube

Upvote 0
Are you getting the emails ok into your Gmail account, but just not being notified when they arrive?

Try this:

Make sure that 'Visable notifications' is checked in the Gmail notifier settings. I also have the notification icon set for Android 2.0 (not that this should matter) for the icon shown in the staus bar.

UNCHECK Email notifications in the Gmail app.

See if this works.

FYI: I also have Gmail Unread Count installed.

Upvote 0
Still not working. I flashed back to stock, rerooted and installed Fresh Rom v1.1 and the gumbo kernel. Still no dice. There has to be something interferring with it. The test notification from Gmail Notifier works, but when mail comes in, there's no notification at all. Not even from Gmail itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones