Not going to get my Droid X tomorrow

Last Updated:

1. Chango99

Chango99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I changed my work schedule so I didn't have to work tomorrow but I'd have to go in to work on Saturday. I expected to be able to grab mine on July 15th.

My story:

I bought an incredible on June 12th from Best Buy. I created a new line on an individual plan and made it a family plan. Someone else joined the family plan and we changed the ownership/liability thing to that person. Apparently, this voided my warranty through verizon or something (they did not consult me). I wasn't too angry about it since I didn't think I would take advantage of that. This is ALL they told me.

So I went back to best buy to return it on July 7th. Thought it was going flawless, until the person helping me out told me that verizon said I couldn't cancel because of the ownership change. I bought the phone on the 12th, the change was on the 14th. I got voided within 2 days. I don't know who I should be angry at for this, my cousin who's plan it's under, or verizon. I don't know if my cousin didn't inform me well enough or verizon actually didn't tell him about it voiding the 30 days.

Anyway, the best buy employee was very helpful and told me that he was going to help me swap out the phones even past my 30 days with best buy. I had a "pre-order" but not really. I wasn't guaranteed a phone on launch, only if they had extra, which he reassured me they would have.

Well, I just called in and it looks like they only got 5 phones. Not enough at all. I was slightly angry, but more just disappointed. This employee has been very helpful but I obviously can help but feel a bit cheated and pushed around through all of this.

Advertisement
  2. seejaykay

seejaykay Member

Cancel and order it from verizon, you'll have it on friday.

3. dennygreen

dennygreen Well-Known Member

friday guaranteed?

4. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Call VZW corporate at (866) 673-9561...they will help you. ;)

5. Chango99

Chango99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1) I'm past the 30 days on Best Buy and Verizon
    2) The problem with the cancellation is through Verizon rep, not through the Best Buy employee.
    3) There isn't anything to "cancel".