Not good for tax returnsGeneral

1. siggy1964

siggy1964 Well-Known Member

I tried to use my tablet to file my taxes on Taxact. Not a good idea. Even with the bluetooth keyboard I ended up having to go to my laptop to finish them for various reasons. I was so looking forward to not having to use my computer (sigh). Oh well, that's only once a year and by this time next year who knows what tablets will be able to do.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I'm going to use TurboTax online, but not on my Nexus. I don't need the IRS after me for making a mistake. :D

Can I claim my electronics addiction as a dependent?
  3. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Does your addiction have a SSN? ;)
  4. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Before you blame the tablet, take a look at the browser and even the website.

I've run across websites that have issues with mobile browsers sometimes. My solution is to use two browsers. I have the stock one, and Boat browser is set up as desktop with full flash. Haven't run into any issues using Boat on websites that tend to gag on the stock browser. I also have Dolphin and use that sometimes as well.

You could even set up the stock one as a desktop instead of mobile in the settings. That would work as well. Still, its not your tablet that's a problem.
    siggy1964 likes this.
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

This is how dumb Atmazzz is.

I used TurboTax online to file. I had to pay $3 federal, get back $8 state, and I paid TurboTax $27 to efile it.

I think I lost money on that deal. :D
  6. siggy1964

siggy1964 Well-Known Member

Tax act cost me $13.95 for federal and state.