1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Not Got Update On Phone?Support

1. eddshwee

eddshwee New Member

My s3 cant update when i go to settings and about device theres no update. Anyone know why ?

Advertisement
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

What software do you have, and who is your provider?
    Are you rooted?
    scary alien likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

I moved both of your posts from the other thread here and your doubled posts will be fixed soon.

Thanks! :)
    scary alien likes this.
  4. eddshwee

eddshwee New Member

Not rooted my software is ice cream sandwich 4.0 and my network is EE my friend thanks for your time.
  5. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

which country are you from? Are u sure JB has been released for ure country?
  6. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Have you called your provider to ask?
  7. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

What we need to know is your current Android Version and the Build Number. This will show what firmware branch your phone is on. You can find these from: Settings -> About device

I have an unlocked, unbranded phone in the UK and my phone, running the latest release is:
    Android Version: 4.1.2
    Build Number: JZO54K.I9300XXELL4
  8. eddshwee

eddshwee New Member

Im from uk and yes i can get jelly bean build number- IMM76D.I9300BVBLH2
    Android Version- 4.0.4
    Thanks for all your replies.
  9. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

I think this firmware version is used by Orange and T-Mobile and so I guess your phone isn't unbranded, but can anyone else confirm this?

Did you buy your phone new and does it show the signs of being branded i.e. an operator's splash screen or apps?

Have you successfully updated this phone in the past or does it still have the same firmware as when you bought it?

As you can tell, I'm unsure about what to recommend since I never had this version of Android 4.0.4. But a suggestion is to try updating from a computer using Kies and the phone connected via a USB cable.
  10. Stuardy1

Stuardy1 New Member

Does anyone know when the new update 4.1.2 will be available on three in the uk?
  11. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

ScoobyWRX likes this.