Not Happy$$$$

Last Updated:

1. sgtmarkins

sgtmarkins Member This Topic's Starter

Ok... I've been a Sprint customer for some time now. I know this is no fault of their own... But the Samsung Epic 4G has let me down.
    My wife has the HTC EVO and I just recieved the Epic two days ago. The initial problem was with setting up app's. It (Epic) kept telling me I had to be a Sprint user...??? The fallowing day I was dropping texts and calls?
    Today I took the two phones, sat them side by side and witnessed no connectivity on the Samsung, while the HTC had at least 2-3 bars and was running fine..
    Do I need a Phone that does not, first and foremost work as one ( a communication divice)???

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Would it be possible to repeat the test and get the signal strength from both the Evo and the Epic (probably under Settings>About Phone)?

FWIW, CDMA is a little different than GSM phones. 1 bar of service will provide just as crisp and clear sounds as 6 bars of service.

These definitely are some problems though!

3. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

Could it be that it wasn't programmed right?

4. sgtmarkins

Not at this time. But I will say this, The Epic would time out and not load any speed test while the Evo would would Hmmm along like nothing was holding it back..

5. sgtmarkins

Believe me I want to like this phone. But its letting me down in the communications aspect.

6. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

That's interesting. Because 1 bar on the Epic in the basement, has better reception than 4 bars on my AT&T phone.

7. sgtmarkins

And my phones are on the same network(Sprint), Htc Evo and Samsung Epic..

8. Kelmar

I agree, very interesting. This is one of the reasons I switched to Sprint from AT&T.

Keep in mind that phone antennas, hardware, etc all play a part as well :)

OP - Have you tried getting Sprint to replace your Epic to see if the problems continue?

9. scrufton

scrufton Active Member

I have to say that I have been seeing better signal with the epic than I did with my hero. My hero would go in and out of coverage at my workplace. Today my epic had 1 to 2 bars all day and never lost a 3G connection. From everything I was reading I was expecting the epic to be worse but was happy to see it is better than my hero.

10. Araliss

Araliss Well-Known Member

Even pulling a pathethic 9.9 kB/s on Epic with Sprint, I was faster then AT&T. But, I didn't have drop calls, it was their data that sucked. Sprint, I'm getting dropped calls left and right where my husband's Evo isn't.

Replacing it doesn't help, I had my Epic replaced yesterday and 3G is still 2 to 3 times slower then Evo. :(

11. sgtmarkins

No replacements to be had around here...:eek:

12. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

3G data speed here is just as fast if not faster than the Evo I used to have.

13. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member

most likelly you have a bad handset....my phone is workin' just fine...had the evo for a while....but decided to go with the better phone.

14. Kelmar

Try having them call other stores and having it shipped to you (or the store) :confused:

No reason to stay with a problematic device!