• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not 'Hi Galaxy'

Simon_Gardner said:
Anyone think I can change it so I no longer have to say "Hi Galaxy" which is rather embarrassing but, say, something else like "Computer!" in a strong Scottish accent?

They show how to change it in this video.

Galaxy Note 3 Tips & Tricks - YouTube

It must be me being thick but I've watched that and I still can't seem to change the "Hi Galaxy" for something else.

Upvote 0
I think some people are confusing the commands. The "Hi Galaxy" that Simon wants to reset is not the same as the command you set to unlock the phone or launch the camera that is mentioned in that video. "Hi Galaxy" launches S-Voice, the personal assistant program, which is why he wants to replace it with what he does. Which would be pretty darn funny to see someone do in public. :D

Unfortunately, I've not seen a way to do this.

Reactions: Simon_Gardner
Upvote 0
This as as far as I can get. So how?

bapx.jpg
Under Wake up > Voice Wake-up.

Can you actually click on the wording (left of the on/off box) and see if that opens a sub settings menu/options? Maybe it's in there?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well, that just sucks for you guys. I think S Voice went backwards in development considering I can change it on my Note 2 running 4.1.2. Or could this be a limitation using 4.3? Considering it allows multi-user accounts? The S Voice commands are a global function and cannot be changed?

Just guessing here. I never seen or played with a Note 3 yet, so basing this on what I am seeing...

Upvote 0
I use Open Mic+. I can set the wake up command to anything I want and it opens up Google Now. I remapped the home button in Apex Launcher settings to replace S-Voice with Google Now.

No more annoying Samsung search garbage :D

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that helps me. It's not what I use voice commands for. Making calls, sending texts, even occasionally booting the camera. That sort of thing.
Note3_banghead_100-102_zps767fec63.gif

Upvote 0
A lot of guessing in the above responses. Security mode must be set to 'Swipe' in the Lockscreen setting in order to USE and CHANGE the S Voice wakeup command. If the setting is not 'swipe' you will NOT see the change settings and controls.

Note that when the security is set to 'Swipe' there is no security.

Upvote 0
l hear you Simon, Apparently there is no way to change the voice prompt in galaxy note 3 settings. What we can do for now is to voice it out and hope that Samsung hears to us and make some updates/fix for the next version.

note: there is also a bug here when using Voice input to type in this message panel. After voice input and You want to make a correction using the Spen by writing it, the cursor will hang at the very beginning of your message.

work around: click on your title text box and go back here on the message box.

hope it helps to anyone who might get stuck in the future. apparently the Spen has more improvements needed.

Upvote 0
The only way I have found, reading various boards on this subject, is to use S-Voice to wake up the device and then open Google Search as follows

"Hi Galaxy"
"Open Google Search"
Once The app is open you can say:
"OK Google" and you can interact to your heart's content.
Sucks I Know but until Samsung makes a change or someone writes a routine to change it I see no other viable option.

Upvote 0
The only way I have found, reading various boards on this subject, is to use S-Voice to wake up the device and then open Google Search as follows

"Hi Galaxy"
"Open Google Search"
Once The app is open you can say:
"OK Google" and you can interact to your heart's content.
Sucks I Know but until Samsung makes a change or someone writes a routine to change it I see no other viable option.

this is exactly what i do.

Upvote 0
Hello, I just got my S4 and that option is no longer there. I remember seeing it when I first set my phone up but now is not there. My phone has the latest update. When I go into S voice and scroll down to wake up command and press on it out just un checks it so you can't say hi galaxy. I want to be able to change it so I can say something like hi computer. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I was just wondering, KitKat uses Google Now, right?

So, when we get the KitKat updates, would it change the primary voice-app from S-Voice to Google Now? Or will we still be stuck with S-Voice? :thinking:

EDIT: Nevermind. Did some Googling. Seems like you CAN get Google Now to Kitkat.
But you have to download Nova Launcher after you have upgraded to Kitkat.

In the below link is also how to get Google Now to your PC (if you use Google Chrome)

Source: http://technorati.com/technology/article/got-kitkat-but-no-okay-google/page-2/

Upvote 0
Hello, I just got my S4 and that option is no longer there. I remember seeing it when I first set my phone up but now is not there. My phone has the latest update. When I go into S voice and scroll down to wake up command and press on it out just un checks it so you can't say hi galaxy. I want to be able to change it so I can say something like hi computer. Any ideas?

Samsung removed this feature with the latest version of S Voice. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones