Not loud enough for meSupport

Last Updated: 2011-05-16 11:55:15
  1. Brumcentral

Brumcentral Member

Hi

is there anyway of increasing the volume whilst watching media on headphones, I have a hearing problem, and even with the volume turned up full, it still seems quiet

Advertisement
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

For music playback the app PowerAMP has a preamp that you can set to increase volume output a bit, but that obviously won't help you with video.

This may also be worth a look, but again, I don't think this will help with video. I expect Supercurio will make a version of Voodoo sound for this handset sometime soonish, and then you'll be able to blast your eardrums all you like.
    JimmyTheSaint and Brumcentral like this.
  3. You tried finding some samsung special codes, the ones where you enter a special combination in the dialer and can change volume settings manually? There might be one floating around.
  4. shaunyjames

shaunyjames Member

I am interested in this too.

I have a pair of klipsch image s2 I spend a fair amount of money on but the music and video playback is only loud enough when I am in a very quiet place.

Trying to watch videos while on the tube for example is impossible and the same is true for music playback.

I even found that with the standard headphones playback is pretty quite on your standard MP3's and MP4 movies.

Any help would be amazing :)
  5. NZtechfreak

Source code has been released for the SGSII, so I would expect Supercurio to cook up something for fixing any issues related to sound.
    shaunyjames and dale7_uk like this.
  6. dale7_uk

dale7_uk New Member

I'm also experiencing this problem. The headphone sound is no where near loud enough - in the gym I can hear the awful dance music they play on the speakers over what I'm playing in the headphones. Also, I plug an aux into my car stereo, which I need to turn up as loud as it can go to make podcasts audible - which results in terrible hissing noise. In a nutshell - this problem is driving me nuts, and I'm completely shocked that a flagship phone would be released with such a basic fault.

I've been unable to find a solution anywhere on the net, if anyone else comes across one please let us know on here and I'll do the same.

Many thanks :)
  7. FrankLM

FrankLM Member

Agreed, it's not loud enough, especially a bit problematic when attached to a car stereo or home receiver.
  8. NZtechfreak

Did you try PowerAMP's preamp settings?
  9. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

Pretty annoying really, i'm sure it will be fixed soon
  10. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz Member

Agreed, PowerAmp will help with this. The only other thing that will help is a pair of headhpones with low impedance and high sensitivity, I've no idea what the bundled earphones are like as I don't use them. For reference i used a pair of Brainwavz ProAlpha, these have an impedance of 20ohms and a sensitivty of 115dB at 1mW and they are plenty loud enough (and I like it loud!), and that's considering I use MP3gain to level all my music to 91dB. You can get them, or the like, from AdvanceMP3.
  11. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Have a look at AndroidAudioHacks 'Volume+'.
    It is on the market as a paid App but go to the devs site and you can download it.
    For further info the Market link is here.