• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root not offering just some ?ions [ROM] Incredibly Re-EngineeredX v1.00

thegummyjar

Dec 24, 2010
What is the deal on this [ROM] This is not a Thread to offer the [ROM] so please do not link it in here. I know a few of you have tested it, and I am wondering how it is going and what the last thread was shut down for.
I seen something I liked in a screen shot "transparent power controls" is there a way to add that to liberty. I am very proud to run my DX on Liberty1.0.
Please list general info about that rom

i actually downloaded it and installed it on my phone last night. from what i can remember he based the rom off of liberty but made some optimizations to all of the .apk files (i think he removed all the other languages except english). the rom was still compatible with the liberty toolbox and all that good stuff. for the short amount of time i had it on my phone, it was pretty snappy. i guess he never asked the liberty devs for permission to modify their rom so thats why it disappeared. im sure there are more things that he did to the rom i just cant remember

Upvote 0
That ROM is based off of Liberty. I tried it and in my opinion it's faster than liberty. But, Swype doesn't work right now on Incredibly Re-Engineered. I'm not sure if the liberty toolbox and themes work but if you're curious about it I'd suggest trying it out. The dev of the ROM was getting fed up with a lot of people saying he ripped off Liberty and stole it so he asked for the thread to be closed.

Upvote 0
this info is from the original post----

Features
This Rom is Based on Liberty v1.0 (huge thanks to kejar31 and jrummy16 for making an awesome rom!)
Rebuilt 95% of the APK's removing all other language localization files except English(This thing is FAST FAST FAST FAST FAST!)
Reboot in Power Menu
Blurless
Custom animations by aamikam
Custom Theme similar to my Sense Rom on the Incredible(click on the logo in my sig to check it out)
Launcher2 with increased snap velocity
all of kejar and jrummy16's toolbox mods (these things are amazing. dont know how you put that together but huge huge ups)
AOSP Lockscreen w/ option of Rotary
Custom Themed Gingerbread Keyboard to match the theme
Sense like icons in app drawer
Themed Power Control Widgets
A Few Gingerbread Elements in the Theme
10% Battery Increments
Themed Gmail
Removed a ton of bloat. This Rom is stripped down to the bare minimum. (Please dont ask me for the apps) You can download Liberty and pull the ones you want
Kejar's Liberty Toolbox
Themed Settings Icons
Black Gingerbread Menus
Themed Gmaps (no more orange highlights)
Removed USB Debugging and Alarm Clock from Statusbar
Probably more that im forgetting...

Included Apps
Spare Parts
Liberty Toolbox (Thanks jrummy16 and kejar31!)
Terminal Emulator (Thanks jrummy16 and kejar31!)

Upvote 0
The major problem was that he didn't ask the original DEV's permission to post it... he should have just collaborated with Kejar and JRummy with Liberty for a Liberty 1.1 release... but instead he just took the base (not just the base, the whole damn ROM) and added his touch to it... hell I did to with my Red Theme and Icons/Wallpaper, but I'm not calling it a new ROM... he just went about it the wrong way... and he did rip off their work to an extent... if you are gonna use what someone else has created, even if you are gonna modify it, always ask permission first...

Upvote 0
it would be nice to see that guy work with JRummy and Kejar for v1.1. i bet his .apk optimizations would really help liberty out (not that it is slow or anything) :)

it seems that the guy has some pretty good knowledge on roms. he has the same exact rom for the droid incredible, but with a lot more options and features. although it does say that he used another rom to base his work off of......

Upvote 0
Yeah I am liking it, 1 the power controls are transparent 2. the pull down bar is completely glass with a small shine to it. 3. I like every thing to look glass so I don't use the theme's 4. swype does not work but does not bother me because I do not use it. 5. It does seem a lil more snappy not sure about battery life yet, still have to mess with the build property's. but I can report no lag at all and no bugs besides the swype issue's

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Upvote 0
Others were reporting that overclocking doesn't work on this rom. I don't overclock, but I wasn't able to download a copy before it all hit the fan.

You can get a transparent Power Control Widget using Widgetsoid, and it is much more customizable for functionality as well. ;)
Ill try to OC it now.. But I dont OC either.

Update: milestone OC says: Phone model Droid X not supported, please open an issue in project site.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones