• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NOT PROGRESS!

An update is prepared for that particular device by the manufacturer, and then if you bought the phone through a mobile carrier they will have made their own changes to the software before sending the update out. Some updates don't even have anything to do with the manufacturer, they can just be the carrier changing what bloatware they add! So your problem is almost certainly specific to that particular phone, possibly only on a particular network. So the first thing to do would be to contact your carrier and let them know that their update has caused problems (this is just a user discussion forum, so complaining here cannot change anything).

It would be useful to know whether anyone else with the same phone receiving the same update has the same problem. It might even be just your phone, something specific to your personal setup that conflicted with the update.

As for the particular problems, not knowing what phone, update or apps are involved, we can only give very general advice. Sometimes problems after an update can be fixed by backing up, doing a reset and then restoring your data - a hassle, but it can solve some problems (obviously I cannot guarantee it would solve yours). I am assuming this was a system update rather than an update to the keyboard app - if not, you could try uninstalling updates to the keyboard, or installing a different keyboard and seeing whether that makes a difference. Or you could even try uninstalling and reinstalling one of the affected apps and see whether that works. Since we don't know the cause I can't do more than suggest things that you could try.

But telling the carrier (or manufacturer if your phone is a non-carrier model) would at least notify them that there was a problem.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones