• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not really sure where this goes...

It looks like this and sorry for the smudges and fingerprints, couldnt find my cleaning rag it drives me nuts to see a device like this

OK I don't think this is a prototype, but it looks really cheapo though. That "3D" and "1080P" nonsense is what I normally see on cheapo PMPs.

My guess it's something that was originally intended for Froyo or Gingerbread. And the manufacturer has shoved ICS on it during production, to try and bring it up to date with little or no consideration to how it might actually perform. More than likely it's only got a slow single-core CPU and not much RAM. Slow is how it is, and not a lot you can do about it.

This is probably the manufacturer, given what MP posted....
Welcome to Gadmei
I've seen Gadmei phones, they're pretty crap.

As for rooting it, you could probably try some of the generic rooting tools like SuperOneClick. Bare in mind though if you damage or delete any system files, through an incorrect rooting procedure, there's a chance you could irreparably brick it.

Reactions: Metroid Prime
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones