• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not receiving calls while web browsing

I am not an not on tmoblie but thought this might help...If you are on edge network...

torgman wrote:
What you guys are describing is correct, and is how my TP2 works as well. (and every other data-capable phone I've had on T-mobile)

You can do voice and data (and txts!) on 3G simultainously.

You cannot do this on EDGE.

If you are actively using EDGE data, and a call comes in, it will be routed to voicemail, and you'll get no indication that the call came in other than the voicemail notification. If you try and start an EDGE data session while you are on the phone, it will fail.

If your EDGE is "connected" on the phone, but not actually in use, the call will come in.

You can talk and send/receive texts at the same time though.
Message Edited by torgman on 09-21-2009 10:05 AM

Upvote 0
I have noticed that when I am browsing web pages I cannot receive phone calls - they go straight to voicemail. I am using a T-Mobile G2 on the T-mobile network in the UK.

Is this a standard issue and, if so, are they any ways of dealing with it?

To all I don't have this issue but I was able to recreate it and may know how to fix it!
Note: I have htc hero sprint but this is most likely the same on other phones.

Menu/Call settings/Uncheck DDTM mode.

DDTMMODE:Send voice calls to voicemail during active data connection

Please let me know if this helps...

Upvote 0
To all I don't have this issue but I was able to recreate it and may know how to fix it!
Note: I have htc hero sprint but this is most likely the same on other phones.

Menu/Call settings/Uncheck DDTM mode.

DDTMMODE:Send voice calls to voicemail during active data connection

Please let me know if this helps...

Under Menu/Call settings I can't see anything relating to DDTM

The options I have are:

Fixed Dialing Numbers
Voicemail
Clear voicemail notification (greyed out - can't select)
Call forwarding
Call barring
Additional call settings
Phone settings
Cell broadcast
Cell broadcast settings (greyed out - can't select)

Can't see any mention of DDTM under any of those menus.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
HTC Hero Sprint...I'm still trying to find an answer to this same question. I have DDTM mode off. I have the Network mode set to Hybrid which after doing some research was suppose to fix this problem. Even though the OS on the phone has a delay to incoming calls I think this is a network problem and how data/voice calls are handled on each respective network. I live and work in two different towns. Ironically, I tested this earlier today at work that in the past has been a roaming area for Sprint service and I could surf and still get calls. The phone showed EV (EVDO) connection and I got all my calls in the middle of surfing. I get home and now it says 1X and about 85% of all phone calls made to this phone go straight to voice mail. If I go to Menu->Settings->Wireless controls->Mobile network unchecked. I can get calls but then I'm disconnected from the internet, which, defeats the whole pupose of having a smart phone. I have read another site where a guy actually called Sprint and they told him that he would have to switch it off to get all the calls (haven't talked to them myself.)

Does anyone know of any kind of Advanced Data Killer App to kill data transfers so we can get our calls. If not...someone should make one...I know I would pay a few bucks to ensure that my calls come through while I'm messing around on the web.

I do live in a smaller town and I will assume that the towers have not been updated to handle 3G or the 4G you see advertised today. I'm afraid I will have to wait until Sprint gets their network updated to handle everything they are selling.

Upvote 0
I was just wondering if anyone knew if this would happen whilst the phone was fetching emails or other info from the 'net whilst in 2G mode?

For example, if my Hero was updating the twitter feed in the background, even though I wasn't browsing the web, would that still prevent a call from coming through?

I guess it's difficult to check, but what a huge bug if that's the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones