• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not receiving SMS

Ive had my Ace 2 for just over 6 months, in December 2012 I noticed that I wasn't receiving text messages so I checked the setting which seemed ok and eventually had d to do a hard reset of the phone to get them receiving again, all has been going ok till earlier today when a freind of mine sent me several text messages but I haven't received them, is this a bug in the software or just a general bug with this phone, any help would be much appreciated before I perform another hard reset.

Ive had my Ace 2 for just over 6 months, in December 2012 I noticed that I wasn't receiving text messages so I checked the setting which seemed ok and eventually had d to do a hard reset of the phone to get them receiving again, all has been going ok till earlier today when a freind of mine sent me several text messages but I haven't received them, is this a bug in the software or just a general bug with this phone, any help would be much appreciated before I perform another hard reset.

Hello Aerofly (great user name!).

Anyway, it boggles the mind how many possibilities there are with regard to missed or late text messages. It can be narrowed slightly in your case, as a reset remedied the issue last time, which lends credence to the possibility that your device is experiencing corruption at some point in the data path between the receiver and the sms app.

That can happen with conflicting configuration of other apps/services vying for activity at the same time (another clue that the hard reset did the trick).

Weather/social networking like Facebook/various email utilities/task managers etc all need to be configured in such a way as to not arrive at the resource trough at the same instant, or something can go wrong.

My stuff is all set to manual updating for that reason, as I've seen it happen on many Android devices.

Other possibilities are numerous, but I'd act on that one first. Please post back! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones