Not receiving test message notification at timesSupport

Last Updated:

1. FCGuy1579

FCGuy1579 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Somewhat recently I have been having an issue where I am not being notified of when I get a text message unless i unlock the phone and see an unread message on the Handcent widget. It has been happening whenever the same person texts me and rarely I will be notified of text from them and other times it will do that with everyone and not notify me at all. I have no idea what could be causing this, I've looked through all the settings and have not turned up anything. I have not changed any setting on my phone for a long time so I don't think that could be causing anything. If I turn my phone off then on again it temporarily stops the issue but it starts up at again not too long afterwards. I'm just curious as to what is going on.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Possible a setting for the particular persons contact record. You could delete all threads and have them send another text.

3. FCGuy1579

That's the thing I delete threads at like 50 messages so I don't think that has anything to with it.

4. FCGuy1579

I un-installed Handcent and it re-installed it and it seems to be working now, I'll report back if it starts doing it again.