• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

not receiving texts from iphones

after switching from iphone to razr maxx i am not receiving texts from iphone users... i unregistered my iphone on the apple web site and turned off all messaging on the iphone... still not receiving texts from iphones... any one else with this problem??

I think thats just your maxx telling the iphones that they arent worthy of its attention...

Sorry couldn't resist that one :)

Upvote 0
after switching from iphone to razr maxx i am not receiving texts from iphone users... i unregistered my iphone on the apple web site and turned off all messaging on the iphone... still not receiving texts from iphones... any one else with this problem??

That's a new "feature" of ICS. :). Sorry, but I couldn't resist. I have no idea what the problem may be.

Upvote 0
Yes, I am having the same problem. Switched from an iPhone to a Raxr Maxx. I kept my iPhone to use as an iPod. The first day after the switch I received a couple iMessages on my iPhone from other iPhone users. I turned iMessaging off and then unregistered my phone with Apple. Now, I don't get most texts from other iPhone users (not on the iPhone nor on the Droid). Every once in awhile I will receive one on the Droid, but 98% of them don't come through. I have asked my friends to make sure they send the message as a text and not a message and that doesn't make a difference. It is incredibly annoying and the main reason I am seriously considering returning this stupid phone and going back to the incredibly smooth iPhone.

Upvote 0
I had this same exact problem a while back after going from the iphone 4 to a droid bionic. It is most definitely Apple's problem. No matter what I did Apple could not realize that my email and phone number should not be associated with imessage any longer. The only resolution that worked for me was to email Apple support and request my Apple ID be permenently deleted. Once deleted I started receiving messages from other iphone users.

Upvote 0
Never had an issue receiving from Iphones...other than... they seem to break up into multiple text messages. Sporadic. One minute I'll get one correctly, next, I'll get one broken into 3, and they aren't long.

It's a conspiracy from apple to either piss us off, or make us pay more to get their messages... :)

Upvote 0
Has to do with imessaging or some apple "cloud" feature. Either they enabled it, and switched phones and never unenabled it, or something similar to that. There was a lot of buzz about this several months ago.

edit: yup, it's only for IOS users, so if they try to send to a non-ios device, it's just not going to work: http://www.apple.com/ios/features.html#imessage

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones