Not Receiving Texts Unless I Make A Phone Call!Support

Last Updated:

1. MoMoDee

MoMoDee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If I know I'm about to get a text message, I have to make a call in order to receive it. This happens 90% of the time, and has been happening for the past week and a half. I'm really annoyed and ready to give up on my lil Hero :( Anyone have any clue what the problem could be? I even deleted some apps 'cause I thought those were the prob! :confused:

Advertisement
  2. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

are you able to receive phone calls?

3. MoMoDee

Yes, but it takes about 1 minute before my phone will actually ring. I might just go to the Sprint store if I can't figure It out myself. Any ideas what this could be?

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Are you using the stock app, have you check all or setting for your text, and have you tried a different Messaging app, try like Handcent and see if that works, in your stock app make sure your auto retreive is checked marked, your message size try, 1.0 M

5. MoMoDee

I tried Chomp..didn't like it...still didn't get messages. Checked settings...those were fine. I don't think I should have to download an sms app just so my phone can do what its supposed to in the first place...I'm pretty stubborn, by the way lol

6. MoMoDee

Just downloaded Handcent and heyyy, whaddaya know! It does...n't work! booooo :(

7. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

are you running a task killer of any sort? if so, uninstall it.

8. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Have you tried clearing data and cache in mange applications? After you do that, reboot phone and see if that helps

9. MoMoDee

What exactly happens when I hit "clear data"?

10. MoMoDee

Oh, and I learned In the beginning about the task killer. never again lol

11. andygu3

When you clear data, any settings you may have in the stock messaging app, will be erased. For instance, I have a couple of ringtones set for different people so when they text me, I know exactly whom that text is coming from. If clear data, I would have to set up those specific ringtones again with the specific person. If you have a 100 different ringtones set up for different people, clearing data might be BIG hassle but clearing data and rebooting might solve your issue;) Worth a try:)

12. MoMoDee

Thank you. I didnt clear data, but I did clear cache and I actually texted myself to see if it works. It did, but took two mins. (ill blame sprint on that one lol) Hey, at least It worked! Thank you, I appreciate EVERYONE'S help! (I'll let you know if I do the data thing, If I need to)

13. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

The other thing I haven't seen mentioned here is that if the text threads get too big, it causes problems. If your threads are near, or over about 500, delete them and start the threads over. it will make a big difference in your phone.

Also, in case you didin't notice, I moved your thread to the support and troubleshooting sub forum.

14. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

You People and your Hate for ATK - Makes my 2.1 LP run smooth and nice.
    No issues. AT ALL! Haters

15. MoMoDee

Ok, so my phone WAS ok..for a few hours. Now, it isn't. I even cleared the data and deleted more apps (didnt need 'em anyway), Still not getting messages. I'm really dreading going to the sprint store because theyre probably going to do the same stuff I did. I'm so lost. I have bad luck with phones! (previous phone was the dreadful Samsung Instinct. What a nightmare)

16. andygu3

Did you clear data and then reboot phone?

The only reason I said this before, I had an issue with gmail. I had to hit refresh every time I went into the gmail app because emails were not coming in. So I cleared data and cache and rebooted phone and I never had a problem after that

17. MoMoDee

Yes I did. But anyway, i did a factory reset and that seems to have solved the prob...for now. Im crossing my fingers!

18. MoMoDee

So, I've come to the conclusion that its not my phone, its Sprint. Because its doing the same shit. But now only at night. So Sprint better get their shit together , 'cause I'm paying for a service that works when it wants to, and that's bull!

19. MoMoDee

So, i believe that WordFeud was causing my problem. That sucks 'cause I really liked that damn game.

20. colin0514

colin0514 New Member

This is also happening to me on my evo 4g in the chicago area. I have done a factory data reset and even wiped my SD card with the same problem. Is there any word on what this may be?