not receiving textsSupport

1. jimypal

jimypal New Member

Not getting texts on my commando, have to pull battery, then get them all at once, plus screen locks and flashes once in awhile have to go back to home screen to stop it from flashing. Is this normal??

Advertisement
    :
  2. rjglenn

rjglenn Well-Known Member

Nope, not normal at all. Call in to VZW technical support. If you are the original owner & haven't hacked on it too bad it is still under warranty, get it replaced.
  3. mkhol

mkhol Active Member

I have this issue also....I have to turn phone off/on at least once per week. I forgot (due to drinking issue :)) last week and when I finally did mid-week, I received 24 texts....very annoying!
  4. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

One thing to try is an update to the roaming on the phone by dialing *228 and then press 2 when it starts talking.
    This should update you phone if you went outside your normal home cell tower.

According to VZW, you have to manually do this at least once a month and is only required on 3G phones. 4G units do it automatically.
  5. snapx79

snapx79 Member

I have had the same problem with mine, Verizon has done a (call) *73 to "clear the throat" between the phone and network(towers). :confused: