Not recieving any sms messages

Last Updated:

1. Hero_Guy

Hero_Guy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone this is my first time post but I've been looking at this forum for quite sometime. I got my hero about one week ago and its been great. I have not had any problems with it and it is actually really fast and I have not had any lag on it yet but I did have my first problem yesterday.

For some reason my phone stopped recieving texts but i would be able too send them and my friends would get them but i still would not recieve any of their texts. I tried texting allow all to 9999 but still nothing so i did a soft reset and it worked!!! btw im using handcent and neither handcent or the stock messaging app would recieve texts but i did have over 120+ up hours and an awake time of 20%. would that have to do with anything?

im not rooted and i did uninstall recent apps to see if that was the cause but it was not but has anyone had this problem?

Advertisement
  2. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

A daily reboot, occassional update of profile/PRL, deleting large text threads, and making sure your internal memory doesn't get too low are all good ideas to ensure that you don't stop receiving messages.

3. Hero_Guy

i do all of that except the reboot, how often should i do it? every other day or once a week?

4. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

I've seen people on here say they do it daily, but I personally don't remember to do it that often. But I make sure I do it after installing new apps, when things get slow, ect. I've never stopped receiving texts (that I know of) but if I did then I'd probably make sure I did it daily.

5. Hero_Guy

ok cool thanks, i did have a task manager but i saw somewhere on here that it isnt necessary so i uninstalled it to see if it would make a difference

6. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

Yeah good idea. I've never used one, but I've seen people have lots of problems like alarms not going off, not receiving texts, ect. So the task manager could have been your problem.