fior some reason i am not able to veiw pics sent via picture messaging

i can send them out but cant recive what am i not doing right here

Advertisement
  2. ryanro77

ryanro77 Member This Topic's Starter

bump

3. RandomBehavior

RandomBehavior Active Member

Please clarify your issue. Do you show a picture message available but the app isn't able to display the picture OR does the app not retrieve/download the picture OR does the app crash when trying OR does the app never show a picture message even being received?

4. ryanro77

ryanro77 Member This Topic's Starter

i get a text mesage and it shows that the is a pic to go with it when i tap on the pic it goes to a black screen. i have only been able to recive one pic so far it was a jepeg from a phone on the verizon network

5. RandomBehavior

RandomBehavior Active Member

Can you try sending yourself a pic message and then verify it's a constant issue?
    Secondly, I have had that happen a very few times but it has happened to me as well.
    Lastly, are you using the default texting app or a third party solution such as Handcent, etc?

EDIT - You can find quite a few threads on different sites about this problem. Based on some quick reading, I would suggest:
    *If you are using stock messaging, try an alternate app (Handcent perhaps) if you aren't already.
    *Now if you ARE already using a third party app for texting/MMS, uninstall it, reboot and then try to see if the problem remains.
    Two quick suggestions just to help isolate and possibly eliminate the problem.
    Post any updates.