• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not recognizing SD card?

Connecting it to a computer will only show you the internal SD card not external. I use es file manager just seems to work better on the tab than astro. Anyway once you open es file I believe it is pre set to open on the internal SD card so tap the blue SD card icon in the upper left then mnt folder there should then be a list of storage folders one being external SD card

Reactions: buzzless and aduuro
Upvote 0
When i try to move a movie from the internal storage to the SD card it says it cant be moved.
EDIT: Starting to think its just a bad card. Cant move any files on to it at all. It's some no-name brand i got on sale at frys for $15 so it wouldn't surprise me, thanks for helping me find the directory, i suppose ill just return this card and get a better one.

Upvote 0
Sept 7 9:46 pm central time zone: I also have a problem with my SD card. I just got a 16 gb SD card and I put it in my tab but when I go to settings and storage and look at external SD it has no info.

Any help?

Sept 7 11:57 pm central time zone: Really? This post has been up for 2 hours and had over 10 views but no one wants to help. Come on guys.

Sept 10 11:07 central time zone: So decided to just take the Iconia to target and exchange it for a new one yesterday since I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and nobody else could either. The new one works perfectly. Thanks anyway guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones