Not recognizing SD card?Support

Last Updated:

1. aduuro

aduuro New Member This Topic's Starter

When i check the settings it says its there, but when i look on astro or on my computer when its connected i cant find the directory. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

Connecting it to a computer will only show you the internal SD card not external. I use es file manager just seems to work better on the tab than astro. Anyway once you open es file I believe it is pre set to open on the internal SD card so tap the blue SD card icon in the upper left then mnt folder there should then be a list of storage folders one being external SD card

buzzless and aduuro like this.
  3. aduuro

aduuro New Member This Topic's Starter

When i try to move a movie from the internal storage to the SD card it says it cant be moved.
    EDIT: Starting to think its just a bad card. Cant move any files on to it at all. It's some no-name brand i got on sale at frys for $15 so it wouldn't surprise me, thanks for helping me find the directory, i suppose ill just return this card and get a better one.

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

Well moving files doesn't seem to work try to copy and paste it. Then you just have to remember to delete the other one so you don't have doubles. I can't move files either on any of my 32gb cards and I have 4 of them and 2 16gb cards.

5. CT53

CT53 Well-Known Member

Sept 7 9:46 pm central time zone: I also have a problem with my SD card. I just got a 16 gb SD card and I put it in my tab but when I go to settings and storage and look at external SD it has no info.

Any help?

Sept 7 11:57 pm central time zone: Really? This post has been up for 2 hours and had over 10 views but no one wants to help. Come on guys.

Sept 10 11:07 central time zone: So decided to just take the Iconia to target and exchange it for a new one yesterday since I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and nobody else could either. The new one works perfectly. Thanks anyway guys.

6. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Use ES Exporer - make sure it is pointing to /mnt/sd_external/

^^^above will solve 99% of sd card issues.^^^

If you can't move it....make sure your SD card is mounted.

7. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

With all the file managers out there i love and still use astro (not on tablet now).

I replaced it with File Manager HD. For some odd reason that seems to do the copy paste to external however it took a while to figure out how to get to the external card. Its kinda hidden until you figure out how to get there.