• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not Registered On Network? HELP!

Neb Sarrad

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
I've had my phone for about 7 months. I've had no problems with it until now. I was using the internet on the phone with a 3G connection. After awhile, the internet pages wouldn't load up and I noticed the 3G symbol had changed into a larger G. I still had signal bars but no connection. After a few minutes waiting for it to reconnect, I decided to just power off the phone and restart it.

When the phone booted up I got several signal bars but (NO SERVICE) appeared on the screen. When I tried to make a call it says, "No Registered On Network". After talking to AT&T customer service, they thought it was my sim card. So, I bought another one and still the same thing. Then they thought it might be the signal reception in my area. That was ruled out and I can make calls with other AT&T phones.

I've done a factory reset and still nothing. Any ideas? Is there a setting that could have been changed that would prevent my from registering on the network? I'm out of ideas.:thinking:

Hum. I replied to this days ago but now I don't see the post.

Use a friends phone & switch SIM cards. If their phone works with your card you know your SIM is good & your SIM port is probably bad. It should be covered by warranty. Hopefully the store will fix it because ZTE CS sucks.

I put an unlocked SIM card in the phone and it still didn't work. Is there a setting somewhere that would allow me to get signal bars but not register on the network??

Upvote 0
Have you tired your SIM in another phone?
Have you tired a factory reset?

yes i tried a new sim card. nothing
i did a factory reset. nothing

I tried updating the os with a ROM. I installed clorkworkmod and the rom flashed fine. didn't fix the problem. Now, I've found some software from ZTE that will update or reinstall all the latest drivers and software update. To do this i need to boot up into FTM mode. I use the volume down + power button and it doesn't work. What do i do to get it to come on? is there a command i can use from the terminal app i have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones