• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not Registered on Network - O2 UK

PJBandroid

Apr 19, 2012
Hello

Have s4 i9505 in UK on O2 and have encountered this common issue. When I go and manually select the network it does connect but this does not last long and I again get the No Service and Emergency Calls Only message.

Having checked my IMEI on screen it is different to that under the battery and on the box, which is: ***mod redacted***. On screen it comes up as: ***mod redacted***.

Do I need to change this?

Is there anything else I can do please?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Publicly posting sensitive information like IMEI / ESN numbers is a bad idea. As such I redacted them from the post. Anyone willing to help will be able to lend a hand without that information. Anyone that needs to know the information probably has ulterior motives.;)

Thank you Unforgiven.

Should have realised: the difference is under the battery and on the box it is: ******/*/******/*. On screen it comes up as: **************/01. The digits are the same save for the on screen having the /01 at the end

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones