Not registered on network

1. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

So all of a sudden I have no service and it says not registered on network!

Just happened, I was browsing apps and boom! Has this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. drew3739

drew3739 Active Member

This happened to me twice already. Call Verizon and they flash something and it comes back. But...WTF?
  3. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

What's the message exactly? Just curious...

I've gotten "No Network Connection!" a couple times. Once took a wipe to fix, the other took just a reboot.
  4. drew3739

drew3739 Active Member

Thats exactly what it will say "Not registered on network". But it happens after a reboot. I will notice that I didnt get an email or something, so I reboot the phone and when it comes back up I have no signal. If you try to dial out it says the above message. If you try to open a browser it just fails. Can't remember the message on the browser. But I call Verizon and they tell me to turn it off, flash something and tell me to turn it on and then it works.

I had the phone for 4 days and this has happened twice.
  5. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

Browser says connection fails, retry or cancel.
  6. brandonjp

brandonjp Member

Anyone have further news on this? Any clue on what they actually did to "flash something" to your phone?? I bought a Boost Mobile Motorola i1 yesterday, activated it and the android os, apps, wifi, etc. work GREAT... but I keep getting that same "Not registered on network" error.

I've called Boost Mobile about my new Motorola i1, but they've been less than helpful. (A partial transcript of my dumb tech support experience here: Venting & Warning...Ridiculous Boost Mobile Customer Service - Android Forums )

I'm trying to figure out if I should just return the thing right now to avoid any further time paying for talk/text/web services that don't work...or if I should try to do a hard reset/restore on my own. I'm starting to wonder if it's a problem with a Google Voice or some other app that accessing the core phone/calling features.
  7. gutokr

gutokr New Member

I have the same problem!!! Does anybody here got an answer for this problem?

Thanks!
  8. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

I live in a VERY weak signal area... What you are describing is exactly what I get until I get into range of my extender. Then all is well again.
  9. poopyman

poopyman New Member

I just got off the phone with Verizon. I was told that message simply means you have no signal for one reason or another. It could be because of weather or you may just be in a dead spot or metal building. That is what they told me. I went outside ( I live in the country) and walked around until I got a signal and it worked without giving me that message. So it would seem that the tech support guy was right.
    SRV
  10. 6david

6david New Member

I activated wifi conections
    and tried to make a phone call
    "Not registered on network"

so i went to reg my network:
    > settings/Wireless and network/mobile networks/network operators
    once i hit the last key it did a scan and now i can google voice phone calls

galaxy s 4g, t-mobile