• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not responding after GPS Freeze and trying to solve

Hello all,

I have this phone down for a couple of weeks and I do not know what to do. I also certainly due to bull**** trying to leave his fault !
I installed about a year ago the Supernova ROM 2.3.3 ( GingerBread ) without problem, trouble-free operation up to now except occasionally with GPS, some blockages that was ending by removing battery and restart. I thought it was because it too heated sometimes.
This fault appears with GPS on, frozen telephone cannot be restarted .
Various limited tests and possible attempts for access to HBOOT or Recovery , re-installed a stock official rom but now I cannot start at all.
It re- worked a few days in S -On after re-installing an original HTC ROM. But it hang up very often by freezing.
I have wiped cache, re-installed a new SDCard prepared with GParted as described in tutorials but unfortunately, I've wiped too the Dalvik cache.

Now the fault occurs like this:
Charged battery connected to the charger, if I press the power button, the green LED turns off.
Nothing happens.
If I remove the battery and disconnect the power supply and then reconnected without battery, the LED alternately flashes green / orange until I remit the battery, and in this case, the LED becomes either orange ( battery charging ) or green ( charged battery) .
I have not yet tried the various tools like ADB , AlphaRev or Unrevoqued3 because I am worried to go on the Internet and retrieve files eventually.
When the start-up stage (but led off), it heats up a bit anyway, so it must be something happening ?
What I would have destroyed or corrupted if it is not a big failure motherboard?

Here is how it was before the problems :
BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S -OFF (S-ON after re-installing the original HTC Desire Rom)
HBOOT 0.93.0001
MicroP - 031d
Touch Panel - SYNT 0101
RADIO - 5.11.05.27
Aug . 10, 2010 5:52 p.m.
SOFTWARE
* Android Version : 2.3.3
* Baseband version : 5.17.05.23 - 32.56.00.32U
* Kernel version : 2.6.35.10_basekernel - gfb1198d -dirty droidzone @ shell - 21003 # 18
*Tue Feb 2 2012 10/59/39 UTC
* N

Hi Phil, and welcome to AF :)

Hello all,

I have this phone down for a couple of weeks and I do not know what to do. I also certainly due to bull**** trying to leave his fault !
I installed about a year ago the Supernova ROM 2.3.3 ( GingerBread ) without problem, trouble-free operation up to now except occasionally with GPS, some blockages that was ending by removing battery and restart. I thought it was because it too heated sometimes.
This fault appears with GPS on, frozen telephone cannot be restarted .
Various limited tests and possible attempts for access to HBOOT or Recovery , re-installed a stock official rom but now I cannot start at all.
It re- worked a few days in S -On after re-installing an original HTC ROM. But it hang up very often by freezing.
I have wiped cache, re-installed a new SDCard prepared with GParted as described in tutorials but unfortunately, I've wiped too the Dalvik cache.
Wiping the dalvik cache is no problem at all. It rebuilds automatically on a reboot. I've done it many times. So whatever the cause is, it's not wiping the dalvik that's done it.

A partitioned card won't do anything with an original HTC ROM. So exactly what ROM are you trying to run, and what are the last things you did before it stopped working?
Now the fault occurs like this:
Charged battery connected to the charger, if I press the power button, the green LED turns off.
Nothing happens.
If I remove the battery and disconnect the power supply and then reconnected without battery, the LED alternately flashes green / orange until I remit the battery, and in this case, the LED becomes either orange ( battery charging ) or green ( charged battery) .
I have not yet tried the various tools like ADB , AlphaRev or Unrevoqued3 because I am worried to go on the Internet and retrieve files eventually.
When the start-up stage (but led off), it heats up a bit anyway, so it must be something happening ?
What I would have destroyed or corrupted if it is not a big failure motherboard?

Here is how it was before the problems :
BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S -OFF (S-ON after re-installing the original HTC Desire Rom)
HBOOT 0.93.0001
MicroP - 031d
Touch Panel - SYNT 0101
RADIO - 5.11.05.27
Aug . 10, 2010 5:52 p.m.
SOFTWARE
* Android Version : 2.3.3
* Baseband version : 5.17.05.23 - 32.56.00.32U
* Kernel version : 2.6.35.10_basekernel - gfb1198d -dirty droidzone @ shell - 21003 # 18
*Tue Feb 2 2012 10/59/39 UTC
* N

Upvote 0
The trouble is that there's only one temperature sensor, which is in the battery (unless you buy a cheap third-party battery, where they often don't even include a temperature sensor).

If it works when cold, but freezes/hangs when in use (i.e. when generating heat) that's not a good sign. Out of curiosity, if you go to HBOOT what does it say at the top? PVT-1 devices were most prone to overheating problems, though I've heard of later ones having this too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones