Not ringing long enough on my end

Last Updated:

1. adding2n2is5

adding2n2is5 Active Member This Topic's Starter

There have been numerous times that someone calls me and my phone only rings once or twice before sending them to voicemail. But when I talk to them they say it had rang on their end lots of times before sending them to my voicemail. Anyone else having this problem and how can I fix it?

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Try this below:

type *#61# type this as if you typing in someone’s phone number then press call. it should show your current ring time

then type *004*<voicemail number>*11*<delay in seconds>#
    where it says voicemail number put in your service providers voicemail number........where it says delay in seconds type in 30 if that&#8217;s what you want

e.g. on ORANGE *004*07973100123*11*30#

then press call

then type *#61# then press call and it should show the change in ring time.

lelboy likes this.
  3. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

You can be talked through the adjustment by your service provider, call custoer services and tell them you want to:-

"increase the length of time the phone rings before it goes to voicemail"

They will talk you through it.

4. davey_b

davey_b Active Member

I have the same problem. I've done what was suggested to see if that makes any difference. The other thing I have is when I go to answer a call and I run my finger down the screen often that doesn't seem to answer it and then it goes to voicemail. Very annoying.

Dave

5. talkalot

talkalot Member

I have the same issue, many times when tring to answer a call and you run your finger down the screen, it will not let you pick up the call. Any solutions for this problem?

6. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

It is a real pain i have to say.

7. MarDoubleT

MarDoubleT Active Member

I get it from time to time. I've reverted to using the hard key. It's a solution of sorts and why not use it? a hard key's been the staple of answering phones since forever

8. _MarkC

_MarkC Well-Known Member

I've just tried ringing my phone from an adjacent landline. I can hear the ring on the landline but it seems to take ages before the Hero starts ringing. It's as if it is unwilling to come out of its coma.

Obviously, if the thing is set to go to VM after say 8 rings, I might only get 2 rings on the device as a result of this delay.

I'd love to know if there is any other setting that can be tweaked, other than the useful suggestion above.

I guess I'm wondering why it takes so long for the connection to activate.

PS: I've just tried extending the time taken before going to VM as described above and it works a treat - thanks. (Would still like the phone to "wake up" a bit quicker though!)

9. dpw65

dpw65 Member

10. lelboy

lelboy New Member

Thanks - I was getting a bit peed-off with the thing going straight to voicemail! Cheers, Les.

11. lelboy

lelboy New Member

Thanks for the help. Les.