Not Rooted But On ICS .232 LeakSupport

1. CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr Well-Known Member

SSo I'm on ICS .232 build, the last one you can go to and still go back. Anyways I'm not rooted and don't plan on being. I'm having an issue opening my photo gallery. I can get into my camera and other such things but when I try to go into my albums it closes and says sorry but my gallery has stopped working. Is that just a bug with this peak? I don't think it is because until a few days ago I had no issue getting to my albums. I haven't installed anything that would screw that up. What are my options here? Phrase and thanks in advance for the help!

Advertisement
  2. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

My Gallery works for me on 232. Although I hardly use it. I like Gallery ICS free from the market which is like the standard Android gallery rather than that Motorola'd My Gallery which seems terrible at organizing things. Try Gallery ICS from the market just to see if it works. Other than that I'm not sure. If you don't have a lot of important data on your phone just start over, wipe, and reflash the 232 leak.
  3. Maddog241

Maddog241 Well-Known Member

First have you rebooted the phone and then tried to access the gallery?

When you plug in to a computer can you access the SD card? It should appear as SD-EXT. If you can, I would back up all the photos off the card and reformat the card.

I ran .232 for quite some time and never had an issue with the gallery.
  4. CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr Well-Known Member

I did try rebooting and then going back into the gallery. It acted like it wanted to work and then it did the same thing again.

I have not tried to access my photos thru the computer because my laptop was at a friend's house where it got left on sunday. Now I have it back as I'm typing my response on it right now. I will try the ICS gallery first and see what all goes on. But the stock My Gallery app on the .232 leak has stopped working for me in the respect of getting into my albums. I appreciate the help and yes I will back up my photos anyways as I had an issue with my 32 gig sd card that just stopped working for me one day in another phone after working perfectly in my Thunderbolt that it came in and then working great in another phone that was more than capable of handling it. I lost a lot of photos and videos on that card. I won't let that happen again.
  5. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide