1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Not Rooted

1. RobDizz

RobDizz Well-Known Member

I'm running Alpha 5.0 ROM and I seen there was a 6.0 out so I put it in recovery and i wiped with TWRP just the wipe the do. then i flashed the 6.0 and it was successful then i hit reboot system and it came up with a message the system doesnt seem to be rooted would you like to install supersu or something close to that.. either way i do root or not install it just get stucks at the Samsung Galaxy screen and then i just restore my old rom :/ any help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikessv

Mikessv Well-Known Member

Have you tried flashing the supersu zip in Cwm?

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk 2
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

If you're already rooted and twrp ask if you want to root just skip it.

If it won't boot, try going to recovery and wiping the cache and dalvik cache.
  4. RobDizz

Everytime I try to flash any rom I either get boot looped or just sits on the S4 screen .. idk wth is going on :/

I recently try to flash unwizard newest one and it just boots me back into recovery.
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Which phone do you have? Are you doing a full wipe in recovery before installing the rom?
  6. RobDizz

I have the Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S4 .. I used to change ROMs all the time on my s3 but seems when i do it with my s4 it messes up .. yes i full wipe every time :/
  7. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Strange .. which recovery are you using?
  8. RobDizz

TWRP , last night i even went back to stock non rooted, rooted again, tried to go to recovery wiped fully then i flashed unwizzed rom went in aroma did everything reboot all was successful went to samsung galaxy s4 screen sat there turns off vibrates boots back into recovery..
  9. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Try wiping cache and dalvik. Have you tried downloading again? Maybe a bad download?
    RobDizz likes this.
  10. RobDizz

Yeah it's done this with multiple ROMs I had got lucky once and flash Alpha 6.0 but when 7.0 came i try to get it and it did it so i just restored my 6.0 and yes I wiped cache and dalvik :S i've never been so confused in my life
  11. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Which version of TWRP are you using? If you're using 2.6.0.0 try this flashable zip for TWRP 2.5.0.2. and see if it helps. Are you sure you're rooted?
    RobDizz likes this.
  12. RobDizz

13. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I'm stumped. :confused: I'm not sure what you might do different. Are you downloading the roms straight to your phone? If you are, try downloading to your computer and copy it to the phone.
    RobDizz likes this.
  14. RobDizz

No i always downloaded to my computer then pasted on my phone :SI'm stumped to bro
  15. RobDizz

After I flash unwizzed rom in aroma after it installs everything it says assert failed : package_extract_file("boot.img","/temp/boot.img") ?? o.o
  16. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bad download.

Are you putting the rom files on your sd card? Have you tried putting them on internal storage and flashing from there?
    RobDizz likes this.
  17. RobDizz

Funny that you would say that last night I was thinking I keep flashing it from my SD card and it never works. So at 4am I tried it on my internal storage and it worked ! :D
    Atma likes this.
  18. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Great! Finally! :D

Try reformatting your sd card maybe.