Not Seeing any Improvement!Support

Last Updated:

1. Fr35h Prync3

Fr35h Prync3 Member This Topic's Starter

As some of you may know I got my Evo 4G stolen about 2 weeks ago. I got another one yesterday from Asurion & decided what the hell, there is nothing on it now...just root it. So I did. I've been looking at post for a while about rooting so I had the process down packed when it was time to actually do it. I liked Fresh's ROM (Partly because I call myself Fr35h Prync3) but Also because I liked what was promised to me from the post. So I installed his ROM. FreshROM 3.1.0.2. But after 3 hours of usage I could see that everything was fine except for my battery life. It never changed. It still drains VERY fast and I didn't even install the facebook app.

All I wanna know is EXACTLY how to Configure my phone with SetCPU or anything else to make my batter last longer. Some of you guys out there are talking about 30-40 hours...BULLSHIT I have seen not ONE tutorial showing settings or telling me how to do that as well.

So will somebody be so kind as to tell me EXACTLY how to configure my phone or install another program or something because I need to use my phone for longer than 6-7 Hours without having to run for my charger. And I dont wanna spend $50 on a bulky battery either.

Thanks in Advance.

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Moved you to the support section as you may get more responses here

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Well... I dont get 30 to 40 hours. But I get close to 18 with moderate usage. I have three email accounts, two are set to update hourly, the other (gmail) pushes via the gmail app on the EVO. My weather is updating hourly. My screen is set to 85 percent brightness. Screen timeout set to 2 minutes. I dont use the FriendsStream or Twitter apps. I keep GPS and 3G (or WiFi) on at all times. I do NOT use task killers. I use the stock battery. Cant really think of anything else (unless you have a spastic app). Thats my setup for about 18 hours. Anything else i missed?

Edit: And 2 of these 18hrs are on my "daily hike" that involves music playing and the MyTracks App tracking via GPS the entire time. So, although I agree with those that say turning everything off is stupid and they have no functinoality to their phone. Well, based on my typicall day with the EVO... its very functional for 18hrs.

4. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

I'm running stock - 2.2, 6 email accounts (3-1hr checks, 3-15 min checks), Twitdroyd (1hr), Friend Stream (1hr), GPS (always on) and heavy text/email usage.

I found my battery goes about 5.5-6 hours with WiFi engaged and 9-10 with WiFi off. Flip on 4G and I'm down to about 3-4 tops. When I brought the screen down to 30% brightness, it was easily pushing the 9-10 hour mark, but with auto, the 6 hour mark was more the norm.

I doubt that people are running much more than 12 hours with any functionality left in the phone at all. The battery isn't big enough for that to happen without turning off the radios. I figure, what's the point in turning off everything on the phone just to make it last longer.

5. Fr35h Prync3

Well it seems that none of us are doing anything wrong because I have almost the exact same setup as BenChase and I'm only getting 6-7 hours and I have WiFi turned off all day until I get home. I don't understand. It was like this on my last Evo too...And please no more stories about how good your batterylife is. I just wanna know what to do to get AT LEAST 10 hours out of this thing. I had class @ 2pm and I got home @ about 7:30...My battery was at EXACTLY 15% because it popped up as I sat down on the sofa.

6. BenChase7

Im just thinking that you may have an App that is going haywire and running in the background all the time... causing unnecessary battery drain. Becuase, if you have the same setup as I do, there is something goin on. I hate to say it, but maybe a factory reset is in order. Install apps one at a time untill you find the one that cuases adverse battery drain. and then delete it. Sounds like a Bit**, but it just might work. there is definately something abnormal.

7. Fr35h Prync3

I did that last night with a stock Evo straight out of the box after 5 hours of charging. I have no clue whats going on but i need a solution fast. Because this is REALLY making me wanna get another phone. But I love this thing (Minus battery problem)

8. BenChase7

I hear ya... one more thing. If you just did this last night.. The battery takes a at least two or three full cycles to reach its potential. at least in my experiences on several phones.

9. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

First of all, install a custom kernel. I recommend king's but netarchy's is good also. You will get better battery life right off the bat and the custom kernels disable perflock so you can use setCPU properly. I am getting around 14-16 hours of moderate - heavy usage. Here are my setCPU settings:

Governor: conservative
    temp >50 245min 245max priority: 100
    screen off 245min 245max priority: 95
    charging/full 1152max 245min priority: 89
    battery <25% 576max 245min priority: 81
    battery <100% 1113max 245min priority: 71