Not sending/receiving MMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. packerjd04

packerjd04 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, so for the past few days I have not been able to send or receive MMS. When I try to send or receive a MMS it gives me a notification it cannot send and says "Generic Network Failure". I have never had a problem until the past couple days, and have sent and received plenty of MMS. I installed Handcent messaging the other day and when I tried to send a picture for the first time to test it, this started happening. When I go to my regular messaging it still does not work though so I do not know if Handcent is the problem or it is just a coincidence. Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

try uninstalling handcent to see if the problem goes away. If it does then you know whats causing it, if not we go from there.

Moving to troubleshooting section btw

3. packerjd04

Uninstalling Handcent did not solve the problem unfortunately. I've searched around on this subject and the things I have found usually involve other programs I do not have so I am still lost. It seems a hard reset fixes it but I do not want to go through re-doing everything on my phone.

4. packerjd04

So I read that it may have been an issue if you changed the APN settings through a widget, so I downloaded the Curvefish APN app, and had it reset my APN to default settings. It worked like a charm and my MMS is working again for now.

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Glad you got it worked out and thanks for posting the solution. Hopefully this will help others out who run into the same problem

Mr. Boom likes this.