Not so "Dead" pixels

Last Updated:

1. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed that when I do a soft reset (power cycle phone off and on) that the start up screen has what looks like dead pixels. When the phone actually boots up to the HTC screen with Android waving the "dead" pixels disappear. They only appear on start-up and go away at the HTC screen with Android. I noticed about 5 "dead" spots. Is this normal? Does anyone else notice this?

Advertisement
  2. dhinez

No one?

3. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

Me too, I see them then they disappear. I was wondering if they get mapped out from the software.

4. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

I noticed this last night laying in bed after restarting my phone. My fiance works for Sprint as a manager and I leaned over to her and said, hunny, I will be bringing this back tomorrow because it has dead pixels and I pointed them out to her. Ironically enough right after the restart, I browsed to these forum because I couldn't sleep and read this article. I decided to test it out and noticed that the dead pixels are gone once its in Android. Very interesting, I will not be visiting my fiances store for a new one today lol.

5. dhinez

I'm going back to bestbuy today to exchange it. Hopefully it won't have it too.

6. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

My UK version of the Hero has what look like dead pixels on start up too, but they go away when the machine has finished booting.

7. dhinez

I'm wondering if those experiencing this issue have the hero without the Google stamp on the back. Mines doesnt have it.

Is anyone else experiencing this?