Not so Incredible :(Support

Last Updated:

1. MovingColors

MovingColors Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased a Dinc through eBay, and I got it in the mail today. I was so excited, all day I waited for the mail to arrive so I could activate my shiny new toy. Only problem is...it's stuck in a reboot loop! I understand this is a pretty common problem :/ I notified the seller and he offered to give me a full refund but before I ship it back is there ANY fix for this problem? I've tried battery pulls, hard resets and basically anything else I could think of. If there's so mystic way to fix it that I don't know about, please someone enlighten me!

Advertisement
  2. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

your thread should read.

Not so Incredible seller.!

send it back.!

3. androidxen

androidxen Well-Known Member

Just adding a point: it's not a common problem. It mostly happens with people who experiment with custom ROMs and such - as in, modification of system files, something not "normally" part of the phone experience manufacturers build phones for - and this is when people don't properly modify their phones correctly.

4. gurana

gurana Well-Known Member

This sucks... hopefully you will be able to get your money back, unless you've found a fix. But from the post above, it seems the guy bricked his phone and then tried to sell it. Bad form.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Pull the battery. Hold volume down + power at the same time, this will boot the phone into "Hboot" (with little android skaters on the bottom)

Tell me your hboot version.
    Now hit vol down again to highlight "recovery" Then hit the power button. If it goes to a black screen with a bunch of options at the top, you can just put a ROM on your SD card, flash it and be on your way.

If it takes you to a screen with a yellow triangle, you'll have to try running Unrevoked v3 (There's a link in the root section) to root and install a custom recovery program that will be able to flash a ROM.

Don't worry, the phone isn't bricked and can be fixed, just might take a little time (more depending on your technical abilities).