Not sure I can trust Battery Left Widget

Last Updated:

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Check this out..
    [​IMG]

Top % is System battery, bottom % is Estimated and it is MODERATE!!!

I saw this at 9:49pm, phone is still one even though it says it should be dead now..

Just thoguht it was rather amusing

Advertisement
  2. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

It is estamating as if you continue to use your phone how you have been. Takes a few days to get accurate. Changing how you use it will change the estamate.

3. -=Jeff=-

Yeah I know, but at that moment the phone was idle and had been.. just found it funny

otherwise after about 3 days it is good

4. dougwilson2000

It is guess-timating as if you continue to use your phone how you have been. Takes a few days to get accurate. Changing how you use it will change the guess-timate.

5. -=Jeff=-

Right, I have used Battery Left for about 4 weeks.. I just never saw the guestimate in that big a range that's all

6. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

Accuracy has been bad after the recent round of updates.

7. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

No kidding! I've been using it for months, and two times today it jumped into "ESTIMATING" mode. Then next time I looked, it was "ACCURATE". Both times I had to re-set up what I wanted the type to say.

8. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

these updates have really bothered me! It seems like everytime i look at my phone it bounces between accurate, moderate, and calibrating without me doing a thing. And every other day i have to reset my top,middle,and bottom views as well because they keep resetting to default on their own!

9. dougwilson2000

+1. Hope todays update fixes these issues.

10. Hemorrdrhoid

Hemorrdrhoid Well-Known Member

Agreed, it's been super annoying. I've liked the widget up to this point, but too much weirdness lately. It also doesn't play well when I switch between my two batteries, but that's only a minor inconvenience.

11. superdorf

This is the last chance for this app...

12. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I love BatteryTime

13. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

So i noticed the changing from moderate to accurate to nothing and the like. Apparently the calibration database was getting corrupt. the dev has a thread on droidforums where he shared his grief over the problem. yesterdays update seems to have fixed it for me so far.

The fact that your phone was idle is exactly the situation where the estimate is most likely to be grossly off. This is because it is estimating based on your past usage, not on how you are currently using the phone. If you teeter to one of the extremes (idle for a long time, or using it constantly for a long period of time) it will still continue to estimate based on past usage, but it will add the current usage as new data to use for future estimates. The thread on droidforums has a much better explanation from the dev than my screw job right now.

14. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

I guess this is a wait-and-see situation, then. Last night the system battery indicator said I had 70% left, while Battery Time said I had 39% left.

15. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

i already got rid of this app a while ago. i dunno if updates changed anything but after letting it acclimate for a month, it was still pretty inaccurate.

the first time i used the app, it said it was "accurate" after a week. but it actually wasn't. sometimes the widget just did not read battery life properly. so i was like screw this and got rid of it. then i decided to give it another shot after reading about how the updates fixed some issues. this time i left it for a month. still didnt read it accurately. battery life just jumps all over the place even though it says its "accurate". i ended up just not using any battery widget at all because i felt kinda OCD on it.

16. superdorf

I liked that clicking on the widget i had fast access to battery usage... Is there another battery widget that does that?

17. nobiggie

nobiggie Active Member

i really liked the widget itself, it was nice and customizable.

however my usage varies much too widely from day to day for it to be accurate at all- and i believe that's how it works, by kinda estimating. after like 3 weeks, it wasn't often within 20% of the system percentage and i went ahead and uninstalled.

if you have a generally normal day to day schedule though, it seemed like it's pretty money.