Root Not sure I upgraded correctly...?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by teknikk7, Sep 12, 2010.

1. teknikk7

teknikk7 Member

Sep 12, 2010
    I started out with the first CM6 alpha. I just downloaded the latest CM6 ROM (stable release). I did not wipe the cache or do a hard reset etc. I installed the new ROM on top of the old and all appears fine, my settings are all the same, my information is present etc.

I am still experiencing the same issues that I thought have been resolved since the very first release (e.g. voicemail 9016 issue and the Market issue). Should I have done some kind of reset or wipe the Dalvik? chache so that everything works correctly? Will I loose all my settings and apps if I wipe the phone?

Thanks guys!

Advertisement

2. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

May 8, 2010
    Student/Intern
    Dallas Texas
    do the instructions for the latest ROM specify if a wipe is needed? and if you do wipe everything will be erased and your settings will go back to factory unless you back up your data

3. teknikk7

teknikk7 Member

Sep 12, 2010
    I understand this. But shouldn't my voicemail and market issue be fixed with the latest update? I think I am doing something wrong.

After a full wipe, what is the best way to get your phone back to how it was (app and data wise).

Thx

Tags: