Not sure what I should do!

Last Updated:

1. Spectral

Spectral Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so right now I am running 2.0.1 with GDE home with 7 home screens. With the 7 home screens and the extra widgets I am running my battery down everyday. I have been wondering if I should upgrade to 2.1 and have just have the 5 screens and widgets but not have to have GDE running 24/7 haha.

I know my battery is going to suffer because of my widgets I am running but I have had my battery stay above 50% on a day when I don't really use the phone much and yesterday was one of those days but since I have been running GDE with the widgets after an 9 hour work day it was down to 10% where usually I would be at 50%....40% at the absolute worst.

So I am wondering about doing 2.1 for that reason. I know that 2.1 has some bugs. The GPS thing doesn't bother me because so many people have said theirs works fine. The backlight on the keyboard is a bit of any issue but there is a fix for it.

I am just trying to weigh out what the good things are with 2.0.1 and GDE and also what the bad are. And then comparing that to what I get good and bad out of going to 2.1.

Who wants to help? :)

Advertisement
  2. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

what makes you think 2.0.1 is the problem and not gde and all the widgets? before forcing 2.1, i would take a day and run the phone on orig android os with all widgets running and see what batt life is like, then the 2nd day i would run gde with out all the widgets and see what is really sucking up the battery, i dont think that 2.1 is going to be a miracle answer for u

3. itsgreg

itsgreg Member

He's saying he wants 5 screens.

4. scutzi128

scutzi128 Well-Known Member

use launcher ++ it uses the stock home but allows you to have up to 7 homescreens and does not use many resources

5. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member

You should check out your battery usage and see what % of your battery your programs are each using.

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I would go ahead and try 2.1 for a day or 2 and see how you like it, if it doesn't suit you then go back to 2.0.1. Just be sure to make a nandroid backup before flashing 2.1.