Not sure what step I left off at, need help

Last Updated:

1. BEARitone

BEARitone Member This Topic's Starter

Hello.

I bought my Evo on launch and right when it was rooted I went to root and grab a custom ROM. At some point of looking through the ROMs there was nothing that interested me.

The problem is I am not sure where I left off. When I power up I can press the down volume to access the white menu.

Will I encounter problems if I follow:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-proof-root-guide-nand-unlock-adb-update.html

Also how do I flash the newer radios after I have my custom rom loaded?

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

When you get to the HBOOT (white screen) select recovery, if a recovery image pops up, your gold. If a exclamation mark with a triangle around it comes, you need to unlock NAND

3. BEARitone

BEARitone Member This Topic's Starter

4. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Yeah, your good now.

I would, just got to my Dev sub-forum and on t0ast3d de1ight 2.2 I have the newest radio and wimax for download.

After that, you can start your ROM quest

5. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

I agree with t0ast, with one exception. Now that you've unlocked nand, before you do anything else to your phone, make a nand backup. If you have not made one yet, please do it *right now*. If something goes wrong, anything at all, flashing a new ROM, radio, kernel, theme, whatever, you can recover your phone the way it is right now, with all your apps and data intact. Glitches happen. Nandroid is your friend.