• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not sure what this was all about...

I haven't had a random reboot since before I flashed GummyJAR back in like... December? Been a long, long time.

Since then I've flashed Liberty, Darkslide, back to Liberty, back to GummyJAR and now to gingerbread (leak, of course). All those have gone off without a hitch. Until last night!

I flashed gb a little later than some, but I've had it on there since like, oh Thursday at the latest. So that's enough time to know it seemed pretty stable. I didn't OC immediately, but I did start like Saturday morning. No problems all day Saturday and Sunday... until last night.

I wore my battert all the way down until my phone shut off. When I got home I put it on charge for about 45 minutes (phone never turns on until at least 5% charge on battery), then turned it on. As soon as it came up I started to reply to a text, and it froze up and rebooted on me. Not a huge deal, I haven't had one of those in months, but still, one isn't anything to get to emotional over.

But what was bizarre is that it continued to do so continuously for the next hour anyway! I tried pulling the battery a few times, I tried various other methods of stopping this sudden attack of random reboots... but nothing worked until I finally went in and shut off my OC program (was only OC'd to 1.2 mhz).

Don't know why it all of a sudden mattered so much, but it sure was annoying. Has anyone else had anything similar happen on gingerbread?

nah i enjoy froyo, what does gingerbread have to offer that froyo doesnt have?

faster? well thats left to be proven, i was doing quadrant scores and mine never got close to 2000+ froyo was only down a couple 100 from the score i got on gingerbread.

other than that, tell me what gingerbread has that froyo doesnt..

i know froyo has more roms and themes than gingerbread :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones