• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not sure which roms to choose..

First off, I have some basic knowledge with rooting, I know what I am doing. I installed the SDK, update, and flashed a rom on my friends Cliq the other night and I have been looking into rooting my moment because battery life is maybe 4-6 hours with lite texting and a couple questions being googled. I know someone will probably tell me to search, but I have been reading about certain roms but all I want is something simple, good looking, and I want a rom that will get rid of the stock apps i don't need. I use the gmail app, sprint nav, and I want the wifi and gps to work. Im not sure if those last two are problems on many, but when I was researching roms for my buddies cliq, some didnt even have working wifi. I basically want the phone stripped of the garbage stock apps, and I want more speed, with longer battery life. I was looking at Radioactive Froyo, but I want to know what other roms to check out before i decide to root and flash my moment. Any suggestions?

Just so you're clear: DL05 Beta6 is a 2.2 rom. DJ07 was the last official update from Sprint/Samsung, and it is 2.1. There is also EB28 available, and while newer, seems to be better than DL05 and most of the devs seem to be moving to that (except of course for those who are trying to get 2.3 working :eek: ).

Sprint TV will work with DL05 and EB28. I have it installed on my phone with EB28 now. Sprint nav doesn't come with these roms, but google nav does. I couldn't tell you if the nav app from DJ07 will work or not. You will need to download the DJ07 deodex from the 2.1 section of sdx and transfer the sprint tv and nav apps from it to whichever 2.2 rom you choose.

Personally, I like EB28 a bit better. I also removed the facebook app from EB28 before flashing. Just don't need it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones