Not sure why so many are uninstalling the leaked ota update...

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

When the offiicial ota update hits it will possibly include froyo but there is also a chance (maybe 50/50) that it will lock us out of root. If it doesn't this post is a moot point.

Now you can't get a rom with the leaked update because of the change in radio performed to the phone, but you could always get a rom with just stock froyo (w/sense) ripped from it.

Meaning: If the update closes the "hole" to root, you will have to revert to stock, install the leaked ota update, than install the stock froyo rom after someone rips it for us.

So just a heads up for those that have the leaked update, just sit tight and see what the future holds before you unistall something you may need.

Advertisement
  2. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

developer phones got the OTA update... so the next update (froyo?) is going to have to be able to go over the "current" OTA update

3. Hand76

Good point and true, so did you agree with me :confused:

4. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

Assuming they know about the brick problem. They may not. HTC didn't know about it with the Evo until Sprint relased it OTA.

5. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

I was just about to say the same thing. People are afraid that the new OTA could brick them. Personally I would not accept any OTA until it has been rooted if necessary. I suppose others may not care and just want the latest.

6. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

yea ill wait till its safe to install

7. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

That is not really safe logic, go read through the Eris leak threads. Replacing a few phones is nbd, better than having thousands of pissed off customers.

8. Hand76