• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not syncing FB profile pics to contacts

thedynamix

Jul 31, 2009
Hi,

I have no idea what's happening, but basically, my Nex S won't seem to sync the FB pics to the respective contacts in my address book..

I've confirmed that FB IS syncing "Contacts", but it isn't pulling their profile pics.

My OLD HTC Hero used to do this.

Is this a bug, or a standard thing with the Nex S?

Regards,

TD

Some people use nicknames for contact names on their phones or user names on FB, if the names do not match exactly you need to open your contact list -> long press your contact -> edit -> press menu -> join contacts -> if the FB contact doesn't appear just push "all contacts" and scroll through the list until you find the corresponding FB profile.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip! I downloaded and ran the Sync My Pix app and it worked!

Although, I'm disappointed that stock Android 2.3 cannot synch FB photos automatically out of the box.. Very strange.. No?

For the most part it does, the names or emails just have to match. I only have about 3 contacts I have to manually join, all the rest of mine sync automatically

Upvote 0
Some people use nicknames for contact names on their phones or user names on FB, if the names do not match exactly you need to open your contact list -> long press your contact -> edit -> press menu -> join contacts -> if the FB contact doesn't appear just push "all contacts" and scroll through the list until you find the corresponding FB profile.

Ahh I see.. It "suggests" likely matches from my FB list.

How do you push "all contacts" as you suggested?

Upvote 0
Ahh I see.. It "suggests" likely matches from my FB list.

How do you push "all contacts" as you suggested?

Under the suggested contacts, there should be a divider that says "all contacts" then under that an option that you can select that says "Show all contacts"

for example..

i have someone called Anna.. Her real name is Hannah (at loeast on FB).. So I long press her name > edit > join > "suggested friends - Hannah".. cool.. except still no photo and then it says this:

"Facebook contact information is not editable on this device"

...?

If you are trying to edit information you can only do it for your phone/google contacts, not facebook contacts. Once they are linked you can still edit the google contact portion, just not the info that is imported from FB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones