• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not too impressed with Android

mseerob

Lurker
Oct 28, 2011
Hello everyone I bought Samsung Galaxy S2, and the colors are nice. The
screen size is obviously way better than iphone 4s, I like the keyboard layout
and how the phone vibrates when I press the button. Youtube is nice on android I like how you can watch the movie while making a comment.

Now what Im pissed off about is the multitasking. I also have a iphone 3gs and when Im on youtube I can still stream the music and jump to another
app and still have the music streaming, why can't I do this for android? When Im on youtube on android if I jump to another app, the music stops playing and there's no way to resume playback even if I hold the home button to the task manager and switch to another app from there.

The audio quality is good but compared to iphone, the volume is not as loud. Im using noise cancelling headphones and I was listening to the same song on
both phones, and I found myself bobbing my head while I was on iphone, on android the volume is almost there but it was a lil disappointing.

It doesn't come with visual voicemail and there are some crappy ones that I downloaded, so I ended up removing the apps. Plus I came across some virus scan programs and I was like wtf (yes I know android it's open source)

Plus why doesn't it come with manager where you can remove applications that your not using?

Now I'm not here to get flamed I'm not here to hate on android. Everything else is great but Im thinking bringing the phone back and I think Im going to get iphone 4s. I mean is there anyway to improve on the audio quality?

Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Hello everyone I bought Samsung Galaxy S2, and the colors are nice. The
screen size is obviously way better than iphone 4s, I like the keyboard layout
and how the phone vibrates when I press the button. Youtube is nice on android I like how you can watch the movie while making a comment.

Now what Im pissed off about is the multitasking. I also have a iphone 3gs and when Im on youtube I can still stream the music and jump to another
app and still have the music streaming, why can't I do this for android? When Im on youtube on android if I jump to another app, the music stops playing and there's no way to resume playback even if I hold the home button to the task manager and switch to another app from there.

The audio quality is good but compared to iphone, the volume is not as loud. Im using noise cancelling headphones and I was listening to the same song on
both phones, and I found myself bobbing my head while I was on iphone, on android the volume is almost there but it was a lil disappointing.

It doesn't come with visual voicemail and there are some crappy ones that I downloaded, so I ended up removing the apps. Plus I came across some virus scan programs and I was like wtf (yes I know android it's open source)

Plus why doesn't it come with manager where you can remove applications that your not using?

Now I'm not here to get flamed I'm not here to hate on android. Everything else is great but Im thinking bringing the phone back and I think Im going to get iphone 4s. I mean is there anyway to improve on the audio quality?

Any advice would be highly appreciated!
I would like to encourage you to not judge Android on the experiences you have with one device. I have an Evo 4G, rooted, and some ROMs are horrible compared to the stock ROM while other ROMs run circles around the stock ROM - and this is all on the same device. I've owned 4 Android devices since getting the G1 on release day and 3 are outstanding while one leaves much to be desired. Would you judge the speed and luxury of all automobiles on your experience with one used car? Certainly not :)

What I would suggest is taking the Android phone back to the carrier and letting them know that the sound quality is not to your liking, it could very well be that you received a defective device. Or try swapping it for a phone from a different manufacturer.

I wish you luck, Android really is a very nice operating system.

Upvote 0

For visual voicemail you want Google Voice. As far as the antivirus apps (poorly named, since most is not all malware now are not viruses) there are limited instances of malware floating out there for Android, but most of the functions they provide is for security such as phone location and remote data wipe.

It does. menu>settings>applications>manage applications. You can uninstall the apps you've installed from there. If you want to get rid of the carrier apps you will have to root, but that's the price you pay with a carrier branded handset. If you are talking about killing the apps that the system says are running, then you don't need to do anything. Most of those apps listed aren't running but simply cached waiting to be run or just recently run. Let Android manage your apps.

Reactions: ardchoille
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones