Not very loud max soundSupport

1. ashrage

ashrage Member

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if its just my phone or other Gnex's doing it also.

I've noticed the sound really isnt very loud at all when on max (external speaker).

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my GNex?

Before anyone says it is not this: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/454559-volume-fix-rolling-out.html and the volume is on max.

I'd say its capable of about half the maximum sound of my iPhone 4.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

Even my external speaker is not the loudest.
  3. warbux

warbux Well-Known Member

I have the exact same issue with my Nexus S. I get the feeling Google doesn't think we need to be able to hear our phones ring.
  4. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

steevo1 likes this.
  5. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

it is low. i've had two now and they're both the exact same. only difference i noticed between the two was there was more banding on the screen versus the first one which was perfect in my eyes.

i'm hoping someone finds a way to amp up the volume via a mod over at xda. i don't care to use another app just to boost the volume. i hear mine just fine except for the alarm. i need it to be a tad louder.
  6. Doubleatheman

Doubleatheman Well-Known Member

Mine is also very quiet compared to my iPhone 4 I had.
  7. litobirdy

litobirdy Well-Known Member

Like a guy said a few posts above, cant you just download a volume booster and POOF problem solved? i know that yes it sucks, the phone should already come plenty loud but volume boosters will work right?
  8. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

From what I have noticed it is only in some applications. Pandora played at a normal level whereas anything in the browser or on youtube were hardly audible. I gotta think there will be a patch coming for this.
  9. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

Volume was an issue with the speaker. Volume+ worked great to solve that. Thanks.
  10. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

I can confirm mine isn't very loud. If it rings and I am in another room I'll never hear it.
  11. v0id

v0id Member

my volume is low compared to my iphone 4 and gs2 is there anything we can do to raise it
  12. Maseroche

Maseroche Member

I can hear it but it's not loud enough to grab my attention sometimes. I changed the ring tone to something a bit louder so hope that helps.
  13. steevo1

steevo1 Well-Known Member

Volume+ worked for me as well.