Not your average Battery ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Chuntsman949

Chuntsman949 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello!!

I have had my evo since june, got froyo and did all the fixes the battery has been awesome, all of the sudden yesterday and today the battery has been terrible, when I check my status the android OS is eating 40% of the battery with 3.2mbs of data received... is this nornmal? any ideas abotu what t his could be?

Advertisement
  2. Existence

Existence Well-Known Member

Could be many things. A few days ago my phone would not go to sleep and i could not figure it out. Even uninstalled the majority of my apps and nothing. Had to hard reset the phone which fixed the battery awake problem but now the 4G wont work. :(

3. Chuntsman949

wow, that sucks! hopefully it will work its self out

4. Existence

See if your phone is going to sleep when turning off. Reboot then leave it on for like 2 min then turn it off for 2 min. Your up time should be 4 min while your awake time should be 2 min.

5. Chuntsman949

dude.... it looks like gmail was doing an update in the background, a random file just came through and installed as GMAIL .... maybe taht is what was raping my battery

6. Chuntsman949

Awake time is normal as well

7. Chuntsman949

so that wasnt the problem, its still dropping rapidly today... any ideas of why all of the sudden it would start eating battery? I took the phone off at 8 am and i am already at 82% and havent even used the phone...

8. kegacide

kegacide Well-Known Member

what were the last apps you have installed?

9. Chuntsman949

Falling ball and network, but I have had those for 2 months... this started happening on sunday.

10. Chuntsman949

Wow now at 62% this is awful

11. Chuntsman949

42 percent... wtf zero txts zero calls, zero internet.. why would this just happen overnight? I have had no problems until today

12. Existence

This is what my phone started doing the other day. I had to hard reset and that fixed the problem. Might be your only option. Before you do, download app brain to save all your apps so you dont have to search one by one for them. Report back after that. But lets hope when you do it, it fixes your problem and not create a new problem like mine (4G not working anymore). They are sending me a new phone btw.

13. mbalchan

mbalchan Member

I am having this same problem - if anyone can figure out something other than a hard reset that would be awesome. I'm running froyo, and was having awesome battery life before the other night: 24hr+ with pretty standard usage, internet, text, games, etc all day.

The battery drain is coming from mainly from android system. I also think that the cell standby battery usage is a little more - but that could be my imagination.

It started happening after I got updates for the following things: Launcherpro, adobe flash, switchpro widget, folderorganizer, desktop visualizer, trivial droid, barcode scanner, and gmail.

I messed around with the new launcherpro option to change the number of columns/rows on the homescreen, then reset it to 4x4, not sure if this could be the problem.

The phone will drain battery very slowly at sometimes, then occasionally lose 25-30% in 10-20 minutes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

14. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but for now, just backup your stuff, and drop a hard reset. Close your eyes if you have to, and grit your teeth, but aside from uninstalling everything one at a time to see what the issue is, this is the only way.

15. Chuntsman949

Ok I updated my PRL, and it seemed to slow the drainage down.... I dunno if that is just coincidental or not

16. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

I am right with ya. This just started lately for me too and I am considering a hard reset. I have killed every app, I have everything turned off except mobile data. No syc, no gps, ect ect. I can literally watch my battery tick down.

Just today I looked at my phone and it was almost dead by lunch. The usb charging barely does anything. I am talking ~1% charge every 10 minutes while I'm not using it. I turned it off and charged it up a bit. So I leave to go get food at lunch and take my phone at 46% charged. I get back not 20 min later and it's warning me that I'm under 15%. Every app is killed and everthing else is off. I only used it for a couple minutes while waiting in the subway line.

I am going to check my PRL and then do a hard reset if nothing else works.

17. Chuntsman949

This is a carbon copy of what was happening to me... the PRL made the difference oddly enough