Note 10.1 (2014 edition) wont play video from SD cardSupport

Last Updated: 2013-11-03 11:55:24
  1. fbho

fbho Member

Long story short:

Purchased video from Amazon.

Used Amazon Unbox 'app' to download to my PC. It worked.

Moved video to SD card via PC, worked again.

Movie now on SD card in wmv format. Insert SD card to Note 10.1 (2014). DL 'My Files' app, app recognizes SD card however says " cannot play license has expired " and won't play.

DL'd many more apps to convert/play etc etc and no dice.

Any info is much appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

It sounds like a DRM issue. I've not bought video from them before, but if the files have DRM you'll need an Amazon player to view them. I'm pretty sure you can't watch Amazon video on any mobile device except the Kindle Fire :(.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Moved to the Note 10.1 2014 Edition forum for better support :)
  4. fbho

fbho Member

Thanks for the reply Italo however I'm not sure if that is the issue, tho it could be. I basically followed this guys process word for word and he never mentioned anything about DRM :

3 Useful Things You Can Do With Amazon Video On Demand

So Im thinking it may be something else.

If it is DRM issues is there a good fix? Ive read on DRM fixes etc. and it sounds as if 99% are fake programs that do nothing.

However still not sure that its definitely DRM related. :confused::confused::confused:
  5. fbho

fbho Member

Just DL'd Any Video Converter and I'm able to reformat the video and it will actually attempt to play on the Note as opposed to immediately crashing with the pop up " cannot play license has expired" however there is no audio and the video looks destroyed, just a large pallet of moving colors.

Even at the beginning of the process when I move the video from its original folder on my PC to the Any Vid Converter the thumbnail where legible video should be is majorly distorted. So the video is jacked up from the get go.

???
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

DRM is enabled and works as described.