• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 2 not charging when its low on Battery

Qsabzi

Lurker
Aug 24, 2013
Hi
I almost have the same problem;
just bought the phone a month back; one day when the battery was too low it did not charge it anymore. I checked my charger with other phones and it was fine.
I tried to charge the battery using my friend's SGN2, it charged the battery and when I put it back to my phone it was working fine and even charging the battery, but when the battery depletes, it can not charge it.
The phone has warranty, but right now I'm in middle of desert, no access to anywhere except internet.

Any solution is appreciated.

Install the Galaxy Charging Current widget and make sure you're getting the same current rate with both chargers. You may have a bad cable or charger. You should get at least 900 ma and probably closer to 1200.

BTW, my 2 month old N2 came with a white charger and a heavy white usb cable. There were bad cables released on older devices that were replaced by Samsung.

Reactions: Qsabzi
Upvote 0
Thanks Don
--
colchiro , the beattery is already low, cant install anything.
--
I already used other chargers, but still the same thing.
What I noticed, when I connect the charger, after a few seconds the screen shows an empty battery (it means at least its detecting something) but not charging.
one other thing
I pushed three buttons together and this screen showed up (the one for updating, factory reset , etc), so I thought I keep it under charge for sometime (while this screen is on) maybe this way could get the battery charged, but it didn't happen; finally I did a factory reset also, again no change.
--
anyway, It has warranty and next week I will be able to go the town and check with the retailer.
really disappointed with Samsung, I wish I never bought this.

Upvote 0
anyway, It has warranty and next week I will be able to go the town and check with the retailer.
really disappointed with Samsung, I wish I never bought this.
Sorry to hear that.

Did you at least try another USB cable? My brother's USB cable went 'bad' and failed to carry the charge to the Note 2. Swapped it with another cable and everything worked again.

Cables do fail at some point like anything else electrical.

Upvote 0
Neo
Before I tested my charger & usb cable with other samsung phones, they worked. Then I used other usb cables and chargers for my phone but it didn't help.

Today
I thought I 'll give it another try:
Used my old usb cable (from my old fashion dous) connected to my charger but did not work. then I connected it to my laptop and it worked!!! then again used its own cable and charger and it worked! I was so happy & really confused. Just while charging I touched this button below the touch screen and it stopped charging. now even with the old cable not charging, everything same as before. weird. I don't know what to say.

Upvote 0
Update:
again it stopped and started charging, anyway I could manage to charge it up to 60% when it stopped again.
Strange thing is when charging with USB (from Laptop) the laptop does not recognize the internal memory of the phone.

After that I installed the Galaxy Charging Current widget which Colchiro suggested, but that one also showing no current when connecting the charger.

Upvote 0
I had a bad usb port on my DroidX and my first symptom of problem was while connected to my pc, I kept hearing the usb connect sound, worse when moving my phone. Turns out if I put the cable in a certain position, it would connect. You might try that and see if you hear the computer beep as you move your usb cable around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones